100 Day Project 2021

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday ~ May 27

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

For the last couple of weeks, I've thought about not participating in the week's hunt. I've been busy and not had the time to thoroughly look for each one. I guess the prompts stay in my subconscious mind, because come Saturday I usually have an image for every prompt.

this weeks prompts were:
beneath your feet
capturing movement
texture
face your fears
currently

beneath your feet
I love to play the piano although I don't play as much as I used to!  I remember during childhood lessons my feet would dangle about the floor as I sat on the piano bench. I'm glad that now the petals are beneath my feet.



capturing movement
This one is from my achieves, but it fit so perfectly with the prompt. I was playing Geo-trac trains with my two 5 yr old grandsons. We began trying to capture the motion of the train with my camera. I changed the shutter speed and let them see all the different images. The images made them both giggle because their trains looked like they were going so fast! They love for me to take pictures of their trains!

I did take this one this week. I tried a little camera twirl with a bowl of potpourri.  



texture
This is  a lovely gift that my daughter and her family gave me for Mother's Day. It is an old wooden thread spool that has been hand carved. The spool is only 2" high and 11/2" in diameter! These pictures are larger than the spool. Isn't this amazing, all the intricate details and textures!! There's the tree, small painted flowers, a cabin with front porch, and even an outhouse with a moon carved on the door. 


face your fears
I first thought of taking a picture of my face. I always fear being in front of the camera!  Then I decided to go a different route. This is my oldest grandson's Cyco-Cycle.  I really think you have to be psycho to ride on it, but I gave it a try. It's like a great big tricycle without any handlebars. The seat moves and your steer it with your legs. It works great on flat surfaces, but when I rode down a small and I mean small hill, I fell over. Yep, right on my back on the concrete driveway. Thankfully not more than a scrapped leg. My poor little grandson was so worried when he saw me tump over!  Will I face my fears and get back on? I think so for a short ride on the flat drive. Or maybe I shouldn't, after all it isn't pretty when a 58 year old woman bites the dust!!

Here's a picture of me on the cycle that my husband took.


currently
Currently I've been taking tons of pictures of my day lilies!  I posted some more here if you want to see them!  This one was taken at sunset. The bright yellow ball below the flower is the sun.
,
Another fast, but fun week!
Hope next week slows down a little!!

16 comments:

  1. Hey Cathy...you stay OFF that tricycle, no matter how cute you look on it. How sweet that your grandson knew to be concerned. Love that flower shot and I like both your movement images. Those spools. Wow. That's patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretations! That cycle is really funny, I like the photo your husband made. And the last one of the lily is beautiful! Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That movement image and the story that goes with it is a favorite of mine. But I must say I'm inspired that you rode that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that carved wooden spool! What detail! And of course there is the day lily picture-you may have noticed I'm slightly obsessed with mine!

    xo,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great line-up...love the daylilies,mine aren't in bloom yet. And riding that thing is pretty special!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, is it just me or does the pot pourri actually look as though it's spinning? I think you may have created an optical illusion! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love day lilies - my favorite flowers!
    Great set of shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shot of the day lilies! Very cool potpourri image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interpretations - love your first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. scavenger hunt seems like a lot of work to me. You did well. And ... I like that bike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopefully my day lilies start blooming soon!

    Would love if you would come and participate in Observing Beauty, a weekly photo challenge. This weeks challenge is Water!

    http://chickensonthemoon.blogspot.com/2012/05/observing-beauty-water.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you didn't pass up the week. Loved the swirl potpourri. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I just love your photos. Really amazing! Great composition, lighting...everything really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Catching up on commenting. Great set. I like both your motions shots.
    That Cycle looks like fun, sorry to hear you got a scraped knee out of the deal though.
    Your texture is cool, what a great gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!