100 Day Project 2021

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday ~ January 27, 2013

 
I'm a nostalgic person.  I love things that are old, well used and loved.  When I redecorated an extra bedroom I went for the vintage look.   I call this room my "nostalgia room."  I've decorated with items that belonged to my grandmother, my mother, and myself.  Yes, I'm old enough to have antique items that have always been mine. I also searched flea markets and antique stores looking for other items.
 




When I read this week's prompts for Scavenger Hunt Sunday with Ashley Sisk, they make me think about things that are vintage, so I went hunting in my "nostalgia room."
 

The prompts were:
lace
bling
wood
fuzzy
fabric


lace
There are rows and rows of lace on my bride doll which is over 50 years old.
 
 
 
bling
A little bling still remains in this vintage necklace.


 
wood
Little birdhouses made of wood hanging from a bookshelf.
Not antique, but I have a lot of birds in this room.


 
fuzzy
My first teddy bear is still soft and fuzzy.
He's a Cubbi Gund bear made in the 1950's.
 
 
 
 Fabric
I found my name stitched on this linen fabric handkerchief.
 
 
This is not my normal style of photography,
but it was enjoyable roaming around my room,
picking up my treasures,
and
taking photographs of them.
 
It is easily overlooked that what is now called vintage was once brand new.
Tony Fisconti

20 comments:

  1. Your vintage items are wonderful. The bear brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful room to have. Thanks for sharing glimpses of it. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I like the POV on that lace shot and the tones. Your teddy is cute. I don't believe I have any of my fave stuffies from being a kid. I should have kept one and that blanket that stayed with me until like age 12. Cute birdhouses, antique or not. Happy day Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adore your collection of images! Great to visit your blog for the first time too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great "answers" to the Scavenger Hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful photo set. I love thnings that are a part of the shooters childhood, so Fuzzy is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fact that you found all this week's prompts in one room. All such lovely items, displayed with obvious love. My favorite are the tiny wooden birdhouses - love that perspective of looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool looking teddy. It's great that you still have it. Makes me determined to keep mine forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have lovely treasures! I especially love your first three photos. Great perspective on the first one and I love the compsition of your bling shot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your bear is still fuzzy! I think my daughters have worn the fuzz off their stuffed animals. pretty, pretty bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. precious - and gently, lovingly photographed. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a great set! I don't think I can pick a favorite ... I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic job with the prompts. They were all wonderful. I love the Lace on the doll, that cool looking fuzzy bear and what pretty bling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to see some of your treasures, Cathy. My favourite is that embroidered handkerchief with your name on and a little rosebud. I also like the lace on your doll.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved all your shots. The ears on your teddy bear remind me of my first teddy bear. I wish he had been in as good of shape, then I would still have him to.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i loved this so much. loved having a peek inside your vintage room and seeing all your treasures. all so beautifully photographed. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all your photos and the memories they evoke. I, too, am old enough to be an antique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!