100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blue, Blue And More Blue

In case you don't know my favorite color is blue.
Ask anyone who's known me for a while and they'll agree.
There are various shades of blue: azure, baby blue, beryl, cerulean, cobalt, cornflower blue, corporate blue, cyan, denim blue, indigo, midnight blue, navy, Prussian blue, robin's egg blue, royal, sapphire, sky blue, slate and steel blue. Lovely names for a lovely color!!

Conservative people often choose blue.
That pretty much describes me.
 Blue is the calming color.
I'm always pretty calm.
It can be strong and steadfast or light and friendly.
Yeah, that describe me.
Blue conveys importance and confidence
without being somber or sinister, hence the blue power suit of the corporate world and the blue uniforms of police officers.
Well, that doesn't really describe me.
I'm not too confident!

Blue is a natural color, from the blue of the sky.
The cool, calming effect of blue makes time pass more quickly and it can help you sleep.

 One of my favorites shades is the comfortable denim blue. Who wouldn't love these "brand-new blue shoes" as my grandson says!

 I love the rich, elegant blues in this butterfly!

The blue skies of October are always gorgeous!

 I've posted this image before, but it's one of my favorite "blue" photos!
Vintage blue, you don't see many of these around any more. This one is in front of  the Pine Ridge Post Office in Arkansas.

These stained glass windows in an old deserted church are so beautiful. It sad to see such beauty being neglected and ruined!!

These are just a few photos I found as I rummaged through my archives finding things of blue!

This post is linked to Live Every Moment A Photo Challenge.
Prompt was "your favorite color" of course!!

5 comments:

  1. Cathy,
    Such a lovely post in both describing yourself and in the images that you chose to illustrate your love affair with blue. The velvety sapphire of that butterfly is rather rather amazing - almost can't believe that it exists in nature. And you know that I simply adore those blue windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blue photos! Your dragonfly is a beautiful shade of blue - I love that deep shimmering blue of his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with that butterfly...so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of blue...love the dragonfly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!