100 Day Project 2021

Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Week In Review

Hey, I'm back with a Week In Review!  Or shall we say Weeks In Review!  Things have finally settled down a bit. I have finished three of the four classes I was taking. I still have a couple of weeks on the last one. But my time has freed up considerably. I was pleased that I was able to keep up with all of them but one, which was the Texuality class; using text in scrapbooking. I've downloaded tons of material and will work on that one this winter.

OK, so here goes, a catch-up on favorite photos and prompts.

My Favorite Photo Of The Week

I just love this fuzzy thing, I have no idea what it is.  I found it near the woods behind my son's house.

Prompt Addicts Flickr Group
Prompt - We were to made a home studio using foam board to reflect the available light.

 
These are taken in a east window. I was surprised that you could really tell a difference with the foam board. You can see that in the bottom picture the inside is much brighter.  I'll be using this more often!
I have to brag a little. In our Prompt Addicts group we all vote to choose the top three photos for each prompt. I was so pleased that the above photo was voted one of the top three for this prompt.

Prompt - reflections #1

I took this at a street rod show. I'm the far person in the green, my husband is next and a friend of ours is the closest.  We were just looking at this beautiful car when I looked down and saw our reflections.

  Reflections #2
The car show is held at beautiful Lake Carlton in Robber's Cave State Park, Oklahoma. I was at the park before sunrise was able to capture the morning mist and this reflection on the lake. This photo was also voted in the top three for the reflection prompt!  I was very surprised, there were some gorgeous and unusual reflections.

Prompt  - find objects that start with the letters A, B, or C

"A" is for acorn
"B" is for birdhouse and bokeh

"C" is for corn

Picture Inspiration Week 35 - Oh, my gourd

 Picture Inspiration Week 36 - Punchy Color


Picture Inspiration Week 37 - Textures
 In most editing software you can find textures that can be applied to a photo. I'm really a straight-out-of-the-camera kind of person. But, I do like to try new things, so when these prompts came up I went to Picnik and tried a few textures. I have no idea what I'm doing. I figured if they were pleasing to me they were OK!

Picture Inspiration Week 38 - Balance in textures
This image had a very bright background that I was able to tone down by adding a texture from Picnik. This experiment has been fun. You may see textures showing up more often.
Big Picture Classes

4 comments:

  1. Cathy,
    Love that fuzzy thing - no idea what it is either - maybe nature's pipe cleaner? Congrats on your "top three" selections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy week you've had! I love your roundup of photos, especially the reflection images. Such a wonderful capture on the lake -- beautiful!! I also am experimenting with textures, but prefer the SOOC photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fuzzy thing too! Never saw anything like it. Wonderful collection of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible collection of photos. I loved the one with your reflections in the car. One of the things I love most about taking pictures is the things I notice that in the past I might have missed. I am so impressed with all that you are doing and accomplishing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!