100 Day Project 2021

Friday, November 11, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award


Becs at Catching Sundust
has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award.

I was so excited! It's so special to me that she enjoys my blog enough to nominate it for this award. Thank you, Becs, so much, I'm honored! Becs and I "met" through our mutual love of photography. We've taken classes together and grown together. Hop over and check out her blog, it's wonderful!

To accept the award you must thank the person who awarded it and include a link to their blog. Then choose (up to) 15 bloggers to pass the award along to.....and share seven things about yourself.

Choosing beautiful blogs was the easy part, now I have to tell you 7 interesting things about myself. My life is simple, not really too interesting, but here goes:

1. I still have my very first Teddy Bear. It’s a Gund bear, brown and yellow with a vinyl nose. It’s now about 57 years old. It had a music box in it that quit playing. As I child I took it out and sewed it back together. I did a horrible job with great big stitches using embroidery floss. I have since added a new music box that plays “The Teddy Bear’s Picnic” and sewed it up properly!
2. I met my husband when I was only 15; he was 16. He had to wait eight months to date me, since I had to be 16 to date. He was allowed to drive me home from church; we followed my parents! He could come to my house on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons, of course, my parents had to be there. He's the only guy I dated. We’ve now been married 39 years!
3. My favorite healthy snack is Quaker Oats mini caramel topped rice cakes. My favorite not so healthy snack is Snickers Peanut Butter Nuggets.

4. I enjoy going on road trips in our 1940 Ford pickup! We go on short trips and participate in street rod shows. We've even won an award or two.

5. I love to piece quilt blocks on my 1952 Featherweight sewing machine. It's only one year older than I am! It sews like a dream, even better than my Husquarna!
6. I’m a nature photographer. My favorite things to photograph are mushrooms and wildflowers. I’m intrigued with the details of nature, so a lot of my shots are macro. The image below is an acorn, that somehow has split open and you can see the inside.

7. I love to collect children's books. I have school readers from the 50's, hundred's of Little Golden Books, and many picture books. My four grandsons love to pull a book from my collection to read. My favorite children's illustrator and author is Jan Brett. I love her art work!

Here are the blogs I am nominating:
Here And Now
Mess, Muddle And Fun
Live A Colorful Life
Pieces Of Contentment

I second the nominations on the following blogs that  Becs nominated in her list.
I understand that not everyone likes to participate in these awards. If you're on the list and don't want to accept, that's all right, I just wanted to acknowledge your beautiful blog.

Hope you'll take a moment to visit a few of the blogs I've nominated.

6 comments:

  1. congrats on your nomination... very deserving! I loved learning 7 things about you! have to say #3 & #7 are very similar to what I would probably say about myself. My mom has a Singer that looks much like yours - my dad bought it for her after they married in 1949... it sits in a cabinet though! She quilts (a LOT), but she did buy another sewing machine about 15 years ago. I too collect children's books - I usually end up giving them to my youngest daughter - she's a kindergarten teacher! I love Eric Carle... but Jan Brett's books are lovely!
    Thanks for your comment on my 11.11 post - I took the picture last summer never thinking of using it for my post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy,
    Congrats on your well-deserved award. And many thanks for seconding my nomination - I greatly appreciate your support.

    I too enjoyed learning more about you - these are the kinds of fascinating personal details that are such fun to know about someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, you do deserve the award and I look forward to visiting the other sites you mention. Love finding out you collect children's books, I do too!

    Thank you as well for the nomination, it is very encouraging, although I am afraid I am one of those who doesn't participate, purely because of time. It is very nice to be nominated though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading 7 things about you..Loved reading about your courting days with your now husband.

    Thanks also for the mention. I'm not sure that I will pass it on, but i appreciate you visiting & enjoying my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award -- I also have enjoyed getting to know you through your blog, and your photography is wonderful! Isn't it fun connecting with other creative souls via the blogosphere?

    Thank you so much for nominating Here and Now! Since most of my favorite blogs have already received the award, I won't be passing it on, but really appreciate your kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy, you're so welcome. :) Lovely to learn 7 things about you - I love children's books too and we used to have a sewing machine very similar to that one that I loved. Have a lovely week. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!