100 Day Project 2021

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Let It Snow!

I always hesitate a little when I say I love winter. I do get some unbelievable looks and I've even gotten hateful looks. But, I do. I really do love it! I love the cold, fresh air. I love my nose and cheeks tingling.

I love the smell of firewood burning to keep homes warm. I love the blue skies and sometimes the dreary skies. But most of all . . . I LOVE SNOW!

I inherited my love of snow from my mom. I don't remember her ever going out and playing in the snow. She just loved to watch it. Every time it snowed, she would call me or I would call her and say "look out the window, it's snowing." I miss that so very much! This year my daughter sent me a message and my sister called me. Each telling me "it's snowing!" They know I love it.

The snow was powdery and didn't stick to many of the trees and bushes, but it did stick to my azalea bushes.

In the middle of the big snow, I was at the hospital for my lithotripsy procedure. It was horrible getting there and even worse getting home! I'm thankful Jerry knows how to drive in bad conditions. Returning home we made it all the way to our driveway without much trouble, but then a friend had to tow us up our drive!

Yesterday seven inches accumulated with another 5 to 8 inches predicted today. For Arkansas this is history. My grandchildren haven't ever seen this much snow at home. The last biggest snow I remember was about 1979. My daughter was three and I were able to make a snow castle for her. Of course, if I add a picture of my daughter, I need to also add a picture from 1985 of my son in the snow.

And, if I add the children, I might as well add a picture of Jerry. We live out in the country with narrow roads, many hills and of course no road clearing at all. Jerry got the tractor out and cleared our driveway just in case of an emergency. Like I said we haven't had snow like this in years. This was his first time to plow the driveway! I think he enjoyed it!


I wish I could have spent more time outside yesterday when I took these pictures, but even though the sun was out, but it was extremely cold. We've been below freezing for almost a week. I'm snug inside watching more snow falling today. I'll keep you updated on the totals!



4 comments:

  1. So you got a lovely lot of snow, Cathy! I like how that makes you feel happy! I like the picture of the seat swing and the adorable ones of your children when they were little. A great snow castle! Jerry has a great little machine to clear the snow too! I like winter as well, but I have a preferance for spring when it warms up a little, but isn't yet too hot like it is in the summer. Enjoy your snow to the full!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed that the southern states are getting so much snow, Cathy! It is beautiful, but I stay inside--do not like the cold air even after living up north my entire life :) I'm so glad you got to and from your procedure safely and glad Jerry knows how to drive in the snow and ice. Really hope your power stays on and it warms up a bit so you can get outside and take some more lovely photos before the snow melts. Enjoy your day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to watch the snow fall and I love the way it looks when it is fresh and the sun is shining with only deer tracks to mar the pristine look. But I don't like driving in it and I can't say I like having to shovel it either. I think you guys are getting it worse than we are - the weather sure has been strange this year. - Stay safe and warm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!