100 Day Project 2021

Friday, September 27, 2019

Small Wonders


serendipity - the making of lucky discoveries by chance
happenstance - a circumstance especially that is due to chance
coincidence - accidental occurrence

I like these words and the idea of things just happening, but to be honest, when it comes to finding small wonders in nature I really don't believe serendipity, happenstance or coincidence play any part in it. I feel that little things are put in my path each day by a loving God who wants me to enjoy His creation. He knows I'll be looking for wonders and He's never disappointed. I always find something.


God knows what each one of us needs each and every day. He know what will bring us joy and cause us to worship him.


Small wonders are not like the aurora borealis which you can't miss dancing in the sky. They are treasures that you must hunt for. Your eyes must constantly be looking or you'll miss them.


Let me give you a perfect example of finding wonders in my path. I was outside writing this post when I saw something of interest I wanted to take a picture of. I decided to quit writing and go in and get my camera. As I rounded the corner of the house and stepped up on the porch, this is what I saw. A little flower had fallen and landed in an acorn cap. How awesome is that!


I live for these moments! I anticipate seeing something special and when I do, I gasp, my heart skips a beat, and I smile.


Don't let the small wonders hide from you. Expect them. Search for them. Maybe it's not nature that brings you joy. It might be the touch of a child, the twinkle in the eyes of a father with dementia, or the sound of a giggle. In this hectic world we need the small things that bring us joy. I call them gifts from God.




"Worship him who made the heavens,
the earth, the sea and the springs of water."
Rev. 14:7b







11 comments:

  1. Small joys and hidden treasures are all there waiting for us when we take the time to really see them! A lovely collection of all the small wonders that were waiting for you to notice them, Cathy.
    I love the fluffy little pink flower and the fallen red flower in the acorn cap and that very friendly and beautiful butterfly to came to visit you awhile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandra! I've been spending a lot of my extra time outside. Although it's still hot, there's been breezes blowing that help me keep cool. That does make it a harder to get sharp pictures!

      Delete
  2. It is so easy to miss these small, hidden treasures. Your photos are wonderful examples of exactly that. So many people - myself included - may pass by without noticing. This is something I am trying to make more time for, noticing all these beautiful little things - taking that moment to pause and appreciate all that surrounds me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos and wise words - thank you Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are great and the words are so meaningful. Glad you had a great time looking everywhere to find these creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, Cathy, and I, too, love those words. I totally agree about the small hidden treasures that you may stumble upon. They often bring the greatest joy. I recently found two tiny tail feathers--one a brilliant blue and one brown and white lying on the ground near my birdfeeders. I brought them inside and set them in a simple dish and just looking at them makes me smile :) Love your photos, as always--thank you for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete

  6. When considering the purchase of a new home, try to buy in an area with a strong school system. This holds true even if you do not currently have children. Homes located in the sending district for good schools demand higher prices when it comes time to resell. A home in such an area holds a better market value even when times are tough.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  7. But, did you know that there are certain things you should and should not to do to make the perfect cup of joe? In this article, you will learn what it takes to be make the best coffee around.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try not to let your normal everyday employment shield you from dealing with a self-start venture. While keep that pay from your normal everyday employment coming in, recollect you just work there forty hours per week.
    play bazaar
    satta king
    satta king

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try not to let your normal everyday employment shield you from dealing with a self-start venture. While keep that pay from your normal everyday employment coming in, recollect you just work there forty hours per week.
    play bazaar
    satta king
    satta king

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!