100 Day Project 2021

Saturday, September 7, 2019

This is it!
The last five prompts fulfilled for the
Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt I participated in.
Thank you, Sarah for putting the list together and keeping us motivated!

* go on a picnic *

Going on a picnic in the hot summer is not one of my favorite things to do. I went with my sister and sister-in-law to a nearby state park for this picnic. Knowing that I needed a picture to fulfill this prompt, my sister-in-law surprised me by bringing fun parrot napkin rings and matching napkins. That made the picnic extra special and the photo more interesting!


* explore a new path *

While at the state park we found a couple of short, easy paths we'd never hiked before. We were a little disappointed that there weren't many views of the lake along the paths. One thing we did see a lot of was tiny frogs hopping in front of us. They startled us more than once!


 * go window shopping - self portrait in the window reflection *

I happened to walk in front of an antique shop and while looking at the old books and the lamp in the window, I saw my own reflection. It tells a lot about me . . . I like old things and books!


 * visit your favorite coffee shop - shoot the cup *

As you can see, this is not a coffee cup! I don't drink coffee; never liked the taste of it. So I changed the prompt to visit your favorite "smoothie" shop. I'd rather have something cool on a hot day.


* find a ladder *

I think this is such a cute idea for displaying colorful plants. I would love to find an old ladder and prop it up on a tree.

* * * * *
I am a little sad to see the scavenger hunt end. It has been fun searching for items and it also made me get out more with my camera. I'm thinking I may find an Autumn photography list and continue. Autumn is always such a beautiful time of the year!



11 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely finds for these prompts! The parrot napkin holders are great fun to have on your picnic! Nice that you caught your reflection when you were doing some window shopping! A lovely waterfall in nature and the ladder is a really nice idea for plants against that tree. I bet you could find an old wooden ladder somewhere and do something similar against one of the lovely trees surrounding your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do continue with a Fall list because you are posting more frequently and I so enjoy your photos! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be such fun to participate in one of these photography scavenger hunts, Cathy! Great choices for your prompts and I'm with you on the coffee :) I do love coffee flavored foods like ice cream, but don't like the drink itself. Hope you have a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant photos Cathy. I like that you didn't shoot the cup in the cafe - in front of the waterfall made the pic so much more interesting. What a wonderful ladder! It seems to have larger treads than most and a great shape too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like getting to know you better through your Scavenger Hunts, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The parrots really do make for a fun picnic. I love your ladder! I have an old one that I wanted to use for decorative bird houses - ummmm, maybe next year. You did really well with the scavenger hunt - so many fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before going through with the purchase of a house you will want to have a professional inspector come and do an inspection. You may have toured the house one or several times, but the inspector is trained to look for things you may have missed. Once the inspector gives you the report of his findings, take a couple weeks to look over it and decide if you want to pursue your purchase.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can do this easily online these days. A lot of places are willing to ship directly to you. Your coffee will arrive within a couple of days. This is the way to get the freshest roast coffee to drink every morning with breakfast.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  9. The remainder of the time is the point at which you need to deal with your fantasies. Regardless of whether you just commit thirty minutes every day to your independent venture, do it!
    play bazaar
    satta king
    satta king

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!