100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, November 7, 2019

What To Do On Rainy Day


It's raining again! It's also chilly with temperatures dropping all day! Northern parts of Arkansas may even see snow flurries! In central Arkansas it will just be rain and more rain! I didn't let that stop me from getting outside today. I put on warm clothes, rain boots, and a raincoat; then took my small camera out to see what I could find.


I walked up to the trail behind the house and took this picture, but since it's hunting season, I didn't venture any further. It's a little too dangerous for that.


I enjoyed just standing by water puddles and watching the raindrops create circles. The big one on the top left looks like it has two eyes. The small one right beside it actually has my reflection in it!


The winds have been pretty strong all day. causing limbs to break and blowing leaves off the trees. It's blowing the seedpods off the Sweet Gum tree, too. Usually they don't fall until they're brown, but I guess the wind was too strong for this one to hang on!


You know me, I can't resist taking a few close up images, especially if there's lichen to be found!


Or mushrooms!
I loved this little family of orange ones. Lately I've been needing family connections. Having to put our dad in a care facility has reminded me how important family connections are.


The leaves are slowly beginning to change. It seems the only really pretty leaves in my yard are from the Bradford Pear. They put on a pretty show in the rain.


The time has come for me to do some serious thinking about my blog. I can't seem to find time to post. I have the pictures and ideas, but not the time. I am barely posting once a month. I either need to get serious about my blog and post more often or I need to close it. I do enjoy sharing my nature pictures here. Maybe if I choose fewer pictures and less words, posting would be easier. I might think about trying that. 

Anyway, thanks for stopping by!
I hope you're enjoying your autumn!


11 comments:

  1. Kudos for heading out in the rain- you found some great nature images and I love your reflection in the water. I hear what you’re saying about your blog. I have photos, I have ideas - sometimes I just struggle to put it all together. I’m not quite ready to give it up, but do think that I need to find a way to either simplify or... something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots of your rainy days, Cathy. I love the shot of the forest trail and your boots in the puddle. The colourful leaves bring such visual joy, don't they?
    I would really missed your blog if you closed it down, so please stay! It is already such a pity that so many old blogging friends have closed down or moved on to some other kind of social media.
    I know how you feel about posting new blog entries. It's my problem too! I certainly have enough time, but I have so many photos and choices have to be made that I keep putting things off. Maybe blogging once a week is a good rhythm, preferably on the same day and just our favourite photos of the week that we wish to share! Let's give it a go, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please keep blogging. I love to see your beautiful pictures and it is always a treat when I see a new post from you. Even if it is only once a month, it is a pleasant surprise for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos Cathy. I like the puddle on with the 'face'. I do hope you will continue to share your photos either on the blog or on FB -either way they are always so enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You showed the beauty in nature even on a rainy day, Cathy! I've never seen mushrooms like that--they look like oranges!

    I know how hard it is to have to put your dad in a care facility. We went through that with my dad and it broke our hearts as well. The only blessing is that, by that time, dad didn't really know us or know what was going on. It was definitely harder on the family than on him.

    I feel the same way about blogging, but am trying to keep it up for now. Even one post a month is a good way to document our lives :) I try to do two posts, but am not always successful... Hope you continue as I really enjoy your photos! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving if you don't post before then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's wrong with once a month? You have a presence here. Maybe a monthly recap would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures are great. Keep posting. You always do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you continue to post whenever you can. I've been absent from my blog for a couple of months now due to taking care of my mom. She fell and broke her hip and was in a Rehab center for a month. Now she's home and I'm taking care of her pretty much all the time now. It leaves little time for blogging but I am slowly trying to get back into it. Your fall photos were just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look into your credit score and history before applying for a mortgage. If you find that your score is less than 620, you may want to rethink buying a home at this time and work on building that score up to at least, 690. The better your credit score, the better interest rate you will get on your home.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are so many choices available that it makes sense to try a wide range. Hopefully, after you have read this article, you will go on an exciting journey in experimenting with new types of coffee.satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Converse with your bank or neighborhood office of business to discover more. Keeping your own and business accounts separate is a savvy business thought and costs practically nothing.
    play bazaar
    satta king
    satta king

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!