100 Day Project 2021

Saturday, August 10, 2019

Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt #2


My Summertime Photography Scaventer Hunt is coming along rather nicely. I've enjoyed the challenge through these hot months that usually find me indoors way too much!! Some of the prompts take a little more searching and thinking to find, but if it were too easy, I'd get bored. Here's a few more "finds" for you to enjoy.



* explore a park - find a bench *

Benches are one of my favorite things to take pictures of. I love the styles, the colors, and the shapes. Sections of tree trunks were used to build this bench. A little rough, but still a place to rest in the shade.



* water in motion - get some motion blur *

I'm not a real big fan of water motion blur. I like to see it flowing naturally. This swift water comes from a lake spillway.



The fast moving water and large rocks makes it a great place to learn kayaking. Another man was teaching this young man to kayak. The rapid water doesn't go far before it settles into a shallow creek.



* travel a country road - find a barn *

My husband and I had traveled to the southern part of the state for a funeral. On our way home I asked if we could take a more country route as I needed a picture of a barn. This was the only barn I could take a picture of. Most are too far off the road. This one was too close to the road, but I managed to squeeze most of it in the picture, plus two little calves.



* go birdwatching - find a bird on a wire *

I'm glad we don't have to follow the prompts exactly! I didn't find just one bird, I found four on the line, one landing, and one flying away.



* find a working pay phone *

I only know of one pay phone in this area that still works. It's at the visitor center at Pinnacle Mountain State Park. I haven't use one of these in a long time! Instead of the twenty-five  cents it used to cost, it now cost fifty cents.

The days are getting hotter and the humidity higher. The hottest days of this summer may be coming the first part of next week. Maybe I'll just take the advice in the following quote!

"Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy. To do nothing and
have it count for something. To lie in the grass and count the stars.
To sit on a branch and study the clouds."
~Regina Brett~

Happy Summer Days to You!!

3 comments:

  1. Super photos Cathy - I agree with you about the blurring of water - not really natural. I think I would be hard pressed to find a working pay phone - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun bunch of photos you came up with for the prompts, Cathy! I know I would never find a pay phone--working or not! Great job... I love the old barn photo--we have a lot of them here in PA and NY that I see when I drive to my mom's. Many look as though they would fall down with a strong gust of wind and others are in pristine, well-kept shape.

    Hope things are cooling off for you down south--enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely series of photos, Cathy, to honour the prompts in your own way! I'm with you on water looking like water and not like a foggy day! I do love your motion in water shot. Sorry it took me so long to come in and leave a comment. I just didn't notice your entry on my blog reader two weeks ago. I love your old barn shot too with the greenery on the other side showing through the opening!
    Wishing you cooler days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!