100 Day Project 2021

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt - 4th post


* cloud watch - find a shape *

This particular prompt deserved more than just one picture. I spent hours looking at clouds trying to see some sort of shape. I spent a whole week looking, but nothing! My neck became sore and I became frustrated. You'd think the clouds would cooperate with me! Finally, finally I saw a shape. I saw Santa's profile. It was on a particularly hot day, so I know winter was on my mind! In case you need a little help finding Santa, I've added the following picture with tags.


Another good thing that came out of searching for this prompt, was a lot of sky pictures; mornings, afternoons, fluffy clouds, dark clouds, silver linings, and sunsets. I'll share a few of those with you and instead of my words I've added a few quotes about clouds.


"Up at dawn, the dewy freshness of the hour, the morning rapture of the birds, the daily miracle of sunrise, set her heart in tune, and gave her nature's most healing balm."
~ Louisa May Alcott


"Clouds blaze brilliant colors in a sky on fire."
~ Terri Guillemets


"Dark clouds become heaven's flowers when kissed by light."
~ Rabindranath Tagore



"Behind the clouds is the sun still shining."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


"You must not blame me, if I do talk to the clouds..."
~ Henry David Thoreau



"How sweet to be a cloud
floating in the blue."
~ A. A. Milne



"Peace is seeing the sunset and knowing who to thank."
~ author unknown



"Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty."
~ John Ruskin

* * * * *

I hope you've enjoyed a look at August skies in Arkansas. If you have time spend a little time looking up enjoying the beauty of the skies. Just don't hurt your neck!

Have a wonderful weekend!
And a fun Labor Day for those in the USA!

4 comments:

  1. Like you, I found a lot of beautiful clouds while trying to find a shape. I loved seeing some of your wonderful Arkansas August skies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Cathy. I looked at each one to see if I could see 'pictures - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful sky photography, Cathy! The clouds are so expressive! My favourites are numbers 5 and 6! I love all the quotations too. Rabindranath Tagore is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous shots of clouds--they are such fun to watch change shape! You've paired the quotes and the photos of clouds so perfectly, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!