100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Treasures on Thursday and Ornaments - Day 20

I enjoy going to flea markets and antique stores. You never know what you might find.  If you go around Christmas you can usually find some vintage ornaments. I try to spend no more than a dollar or two on them. Well, unless they're really special and then I have been know to spend a little more! I just think they are so beautiful. They're so delicate, made with finest glass. And, I know that because I broke one. The glass was so very thin.

These two are my favorites. I like the elongated look, the center, and especially the muted colors. I wonder how old they are and whose tree they might have been on.

Treasures on Thursday

This is my Treasure for today. This bowl of antique ornaments that sits on my dining room table. The bowl is also a Treasure. It was one of my grandmother's.

They are so beautiful...the colors and the designs.  I smile every time I walk by the table.

I have always wanted a Christopher Radko ornament. They remind me of vintage ornaments. My many thanks to my son and daughter-in-law for making my wish come true! Isn't this gorgeous? It sits on top of my hutch on this beautiful stand.

Knowing my love for this style of ornaments, they also bought me this one. I just love these centers, they remind me of the first Christmas star.

Here is where they both safely stay.

The ornaments in the picture above and below belonged to my Grandmother. I think she must have liked pink. My mom has them hanging in her home. Aren't they beautiful!  What wonderful family heirlooms!
These ornaments make me feel nostalgic. I wonder which of my ornaments will one day be treasures...which will be kept and enjoyed by future generations...which will bring back fond memories of our Christmases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!!