100 Day Project 2021

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Mansion Elegance


Christmas decorations can be simple like those in my last post or they can be glitzy and glamorous. From the moment you walk up to the front door of the Arkansas Governor's Mansion, sparkling beauty greets you everywhere.


The formal living room feels cozy with pretty stockings hanging from the fireplace mantle. I love the colors that are used to decorated the mansion. They're chosen to blend well with existing drapes and furniture.


The formal dining room fireplace is draped with a gorgeous garland that sparkles in the light of crystal candelabras and chandeliers.


We are very blessed in Arkansas to have a Governor and First Lady that know the real meaning of Christmas. I wish I had counted how many nativity sets were among the decorations ranging in size from tiny to one set with figures about four feet tall. There is also a life size nativity on the front lawn.


Not all the decorations are elegant, the glass atrium is a wonderland for children. I saw of a lot of happy smiles from the little ones as they watched trains travel around two separate villages. One of the trains was modern and one was vintage.


In addition to the trains, the decorations in the atrium were colorful and whimsical.


If you look up high on the second floor balcony you can catch a glimpse of Santa and one of his reindeer.

 

And, if you head to the grand hall you might just run into the real Santa! I assured him I'd been pretty good this year!

 

If you'd like to see more of the
Mansion's Christmas open house,
there's a nice video here.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas from Arkansas!



9 comments:

  1. Very beautiful decorations indeed. Here's wishing you a lovely celebration. Warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your "place" visits, another great one here. I don't decorate for the holidays, but I enjoy seeing other's decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you certainly captured the glitz and the glitter here, Cathy! I love the one of you and Santa!! I liked the cheerful smiling elf on the outside post and the animated reindeer on the balcony that I saw moving on the video you included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this Cathy. - a nice glimpse of your celebrations

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine how much time it takes to decorate like that! I only decorate a little, but really enjoy seeing what others do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice that the mansion was open for tours--it really looks stunning! And you and Santa look so cute together...

    Wishing you and your family every blessing this Christmas, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so grand and festive. Wishing your family a Merry Christmas. Looking forward to blogging with you in 2018. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful festive decorations.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My own decorations tend to be simple and minimal, but these seem perfectly in keeping with the ambiance of the place. It's all so beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, and I wish you the happiest of New Years in 2018.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!