100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Silence and Stillness



I've been thinking a lot about silence and stillness. I live in a fairly quiet area, but I can still hear the sounds of traffic on the road below us, a neighbor mulching his leaves, an occasional jet passing high above, dogs barking, and children playing. 



When I really want silence and stillness I usually go somewhere and that somewhere always seems to involve water. There is something about the colors and rhythms of water that soothes my soul. Today I'm going to be silent and just show you the quiet, still places I found this past week. Enjoy!
















'The world is quiet here."
~Lemony Snicket




6 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Cathy and so calming. For me it is forest, streams and mountains which is good because I live in the middle of all three - lol. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Water always soothes my soul. Such a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely theme of blue throughout these, which is calming and evokes stillness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. [Whispering] Thank you for sharing these beautiful, quiet moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful series of quiet places. One needs these times to refresh their soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quiet places, Cathy. Silence and stillness is also very important to me. I loved visiting this places with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!