100 Day Project 2021

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

October Skies

"From out yon nimbus cloud, the mighty sun
Sweeps o'er the raptured woods his golden beams,
And wakens in my soul such dulcet chords
As harp or breathing organ never swelled."
~ James Rigg  1897 ~


I love the rich colors of autumn:
orange pumpkins,
red, yellow, and gold leaves,
green cedars and pines.

Autumn colors are all beautiful, but my favorite is blue; the rich blues of the skies this time of year. It's the perfect background for the beautiful clouds that been sweeping through.


I read something this morning that said to reduce stress, share something you love with others. So here I am, sharing what I love . . .  clouds, skies, and quotes. I hope you enjoy them!


"They never stand still—
but they're not
in a hurry either."
~Terri Guillemets



"Clouds on clouds, in volumes driven,
Curtain round the vault of heaven."
~Thomas Love Peacock




"It's wonderful to climb the liquid mountains of the sky.
Behind me and before me is God and I have no fears."
~Helen Keller




"Hardly a day passes but we may see
in the sky above us
that God is producing scenes of perfect beauty,
or of glorious majesty,
which so far as we know
are only produced for the sake of
giving us pleasure."
~Alfred Rowland, "The Clouds: God's Angels of the Sea,"
in The Sunday Magazine (London), 1884



"I thank you God for this most amazing day,
for the leaping greenly spirits of trees,
and for the blue dream of sky
and for everything which is natural,
which is infinite, which is yes."
~E. E. Cummings


I encourage you to go outside, look up,
and soak in the beauty of autumn skies.

9 comments:

  1. A wonderful post indeed and very lovely photos and thoughts to go with it all. Thanks for sharing and greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had rainy skies, but great clouds. I love a sky with texture, probably why I have such a hard time with summer, no clouds. Winter too many clouds, spring and fall the happy medium :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been quietly following your blog all summer and enjoy it very much. I wanted to take time to tell you your posts and photography are very beautiful>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your October skies, Cathy. Your quotations match them so well. Clouds are so fascinating and I love how the change continually! Wishing you a lovely day and end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy for these lovely reminders of the wonders that we are often too busy to see.

      Delete
  5. Hope you're stress-free, Cathy! Your skies and clouds are serene. Today mine are gunmetal and spitting snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cloud/sky shots. I too enjoy looking at clouds. The 4th shot down here was my favorite today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you on the love of sky and clouds...There's nothing like having the opportunity to lay in the grass or a comfy chair and watch the beautiful clouds go by.....Problems seem to just glide away with them...I think maybe that's one reason God shares them with us....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm fascinated with clouds and you've collected such a wonderful variety here. Perfect quotes, too. I especially love the last one by e.e. cummings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!