100 Day Project 2021

Friday, October 31, 2014

A Little Morning Dew

"The dew-drop in the breeze of morn.


Trembling and sparkling on the thorn.


Falls to the ground, escapes the eye,


Yet mounts on sunbeams to the sky."
James Montgomery

The morning dew is so insignificant that usually we aren't even aware of it, unless it causes our shoes, to get wet and then we're irritated. I you think about it, dew is amazing. Out of nowhere it appears, almost magical. Sent to give the earth a little refreshment. I went outside in the early morning light and found the dew, sparkling like millions of diamonds. It had settled on the flowers, on the trees, on the grass, and on the fallen leaves.

Seeing the dew made me do a lot of thinking. We all need refreshment each day, just as nature does. One of the best ways to start the day off is to spend a few quiet moments thinking of all the things that we're grateful for. Tomorrow is the first day of November, the season when our thoughts turn to Thanksgiving. It's the perfect time to start the practice of daily gratitude. Won't you join me and find time in your life for gratefulness?

Linked with Kim Klassen's
fridayfindsbutton

15 comments:

  1. Oh, what marvelous bokeh was created by that lovely morning dew! And so happy to know you'll be doing a gratitude journal along with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm never irritated with mornibg dew honestly. I love it, I agree that it really gives this refreshing feel early in the morning. I'd touch them on the petals and on the leaves of plants in my mom's garden. When I went camping as a scout, I loved walking on dewy grass barefeet. That'a nice reflection as the new beginning of a new month approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are marvelous Cathy,love that bokeh

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tribute to the beauty of dew! I adore your second image -- frame worthy for sure! For several years I have been actively and publicly practicing gratitude during November. It brings me such joy! Are you joining a group in November?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bokeh in the last shot!! wow! love ... where I live, we get lots of dew and I'm always grateful for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dew is such a poetic happening in nature... it makes me think of all kinds of stories! Practicing gratitude is great at any time of the year, it always gives me such a boost when I realize how lucky I am for all the important things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do this every morning and evening, Cathy. It's good to start and end with gratitude.I love the dewy photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having grown up in the desert, morning dew is still a surprise and delight to me. A beautiful post, and such beautiful bokeh in these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the morning dew. I just pull on the Paisleys and out I go camera in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and warm colors of fall! The bokeh in the lower images is so delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such exceptional photography and wonderful thoughts. We so often forget to be thankful for all the wonderful things God gives us to enjoy. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been thinking a lot lately about all the things we take for granted in our daily lives. I hadn't even thought of dew - what a miracle. Your lovely images help us to stop and see this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You make an excellent point. I must admit I have a tendency to race from one thing to the next, rarely taking the time to enjoy the beauty all around me. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delightful post. I love it when the dew sparkles like diamonds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this so much. Gorgeous images - the second one looks like a painting. Happy week to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!