100 Day Project 2021

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Busy Thirty Days

It's seems I've been neglecting my blog lately.  It has been incredibly busy around here with lots of fun things!  Let me just recap a few things I've done. How about the top 10 things I've done in the last 30 days!!
 
1. Attended a scrapbook retreat with a group of beautiful friends. We spent three days together talking, laughing, and scrapbooking. It's so great to get away with good friends!


2. Spend three days in Wilburton, OK at a street-rod show. The show is at the beautiful Robber's Cave State Park which kept me busy with my camera.


3. Met my grandson and daughter in Mountain View, AR for Jake's school field trip at the Ozark Folk Center. It was a special day as we wandered around the village learning about the pioneers lives and their crafts! Jake and I are riding on a mule-drawn swing!  I think this was his favorite part! 


4. Enjoyed a wonderful day with my mom, dad and sister at Rush, AR near the Buffalo River.


5. Walked around a couple of small towns photographing historical buildings and homes.
 
 
6. Made a trip to my daughter's to eat lunch with Drew and Josh on Grandparent's Day.


7. Explored two more small towns. Small towns in Arkansas have some of the most interesting buildings. This pretty rock structure called the Castleberry Building in Salem, Arkansas was built in 1913. It has been used as a bank, a hotel, and a mercantile, but sadly now stands empty.


8. Went on a day trip with my daughter and her boys back to Rush, AR. We had a wonderful time walking the trails, playing near the water, and exploring this old ghost town! This was my third trip to Rush. I blogged about my first trip here.
 
 
9. I kept my youngest grandson while his mommy and daddy worked. We spent a lot of time outside together.  He got a ride in Gramma's green garden cart.
 
 
10. Then there's all the other things that fill up our lives. I got my annual mammogram. I'm so thankful for the technology that allows early detection of breast cancer!!  I encourage you to take care of yourself, do your monthly self-exams and don't forget about your mammograms!
 
I'm afraid things are not going to slow down, since we're fast approaching the holiday season!  I will try to be a little more attentive to my blog and make the time to visit with all of you!!

4 comments:

  1. You have been busy and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. The pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun 30 days! Thanks for sharing your trips, I love seeing your pictures!


    xo,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is evidence that your life is incredibly full!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds and looks like a wonderful month of adventures and family fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!