100 Day Project 2021

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Me & McGee Market



It's cloudy, cool and windy, so grab a light jacket.
It's muddy from recent rains, so put on your old boots and
come with me to
Me & McGee Produce Market.


I needed a pumpkin; not for carving, but for a fall decoration.
I discovered this gem of a place on Facebook.
When I pulled in the parking area, my heart did a little bump, bump!
You know that "oh, this is perfect" feeling!


Me & McGee is a family run old-fashioned produce stand.
We were fortunate to meet several of the McGee family.
Mom McGee makes the breads.
Daughter creates the beautiful fall settings.
Granddaughter runs the stand.
Son makes a variety of pork rinds.
It's either a daughter or daughter-in-law that makes jellies and jams.
There are more members of this family involved.
I even met a future daugther-in-law.
They are a wonderful family and they've created a wonderful business.


So, I went for a pumpkin and came home with
zucchini squash bread,
peach cobbler jelly,
peach salted caramel jam,
a really cute jar of honey,
cookies,
two fried pies,
Arkansas black apples,
four small gourds,
and
my pumpkin.


I mentioned that I brought home fried pies.
Well, I ate one fried pie while sitting under a large pecan tree and talking with my sister. We decided we couldn't wait till we got home to try one.
It was OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD delicious!
Perfect pastry filled with a coconut cream,
drizzled in chocolate and topped with sliced almonds.
Appropriately named
Almond Joy.


Never will I buy a pumpkin at Wal Mart again!
I'll be retuning to Me & McGee!
Hmmmmm!
I wonder what fried pies they're making this weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful setting! So many of the fruit/market stands here are super new buildings and. while they may be 'cleaner' they certainly don't have the flavour of this place. Thank you so much for sharing Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific find! ������

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun place--I do love small family run markets like this one, Cathy. We used to have one up the road a bit, but it has grown and grown and is more like a "Super Market" now--not pleasant to shop at and way too crowded and expensive. Love your fall photos--looks like a fun day with your sister (not to mention that yummy-sounding pie!)

    Wishing you all the best in November!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic place to visit with your sister, Cathy! So full of beautiful and delicious things and so friendly and homely looking! I love the way the McGee family have set up this lovely family business. I can understand why you were tempted to bring so many things home besides the initial pumpkin. The pie sounded delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!