100 Day Project 2021

Monday, August 14, 2017

The Good, The Random, The Fun

It seems my blogging has really slowed down recently and I don't like that. I enjoy posting here, showing you what my part of the world looks like and sharing the beauty of nature. There's a blog I've been following for quite a while that has a Monday link-up entitled, you guessed it . . . The Good The Random, and The Fun. It seems the perfect fit for me. Just a quick post with three pictures and a few words. I always have random pictures that I would like to share.  I'm hoping this will inspire me to bring a little more activity to my space here. So here goes!

The Good

I found a new path at my absolute favorite garden in Arkansas, Garvan Woodland Gardens. I've been close to this path several times, but never walked it and didn't know it had this beautiful waterfall. 


The Random

I discovered a new flower at the garden. Doesn't this just make you smile? You can see where it gets it's name, Bat Face Cuphea. This tiny tubular bloom is only about an inch long with the "face" about 1/2 inch across. Just image a plant that's about 18" tall full of these delightful blooms.


The Fun

Peeking in the houses in the fairy garden hoping to see a fancy fairy.




Linking up with...

8 comments:

  1. ...Garvan Woodland Gardens would become my favorite too! Bat Face Cuphea is the prettiest bat face I've ever seen! Nice fairy house and look at those guys, I have a bunch of gals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you linked up! Love that garden, how peaceful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos Cathy. I especially like the flower - it is so strange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i try to write everyday, it brings me so much happiness and i enjoy the support of friends!! people like me, who enjoy and appreciate nature and photography!!

    this is a good post and a great way to structure and motivate posting!! all three images are winners!! but the fairy house - mesmerizing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for a link up; makes it sweet and simple which I am all for....Love the little fairy house....and the waterfall is just beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea for inspiration, Cathy. Sometimes we need that little push, don't we? I love your garden with the waterfall and that Bat Face Cuphea is quite an amazing little flower. So unusual and brightly coloured!
    I seem to be on a 'go slow' on my blog too. We're getting yet another heat-wave with stormy tendencies and so just doing anything at all is a huge effort!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your three pictures and your journaling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!