100 Day Project 2021

Friday, February 17, 2017

Beauty In The Small Things


The ordinary . . . the small . . . the insignificant  . . . they are important, too! Every day we see and touch things that we don't even give a second glance. Yet, when given attention, these small things are as important and beautiful as the large things that do catch our eyes. I spent some time this week seeing the ordinary and small in a new way.


Plain brown twine and a cute little pair of scissors please my eye.


I didn't know I had so many colors of straight pins.


My heart swoons when I find a vintage button.


Dinner's on. I see a few carrots in there.


An ordinary spoon on a piece of fabric make a pretty reflection.

Take a moment.
Pick up something ordinary.
Look at it closely.
See the beauty in the small things.

 * * * * *

I'm enjoying following the adventures in Kim Manley Ort's book Adventures In Seeing. This week we looked at small things and celebrated their beauty.


7 comments:

  1. All lovely images of the small things that are part of your life, Cathy! I just love those little scissors and a close-up of your bead bookmark. I love all the small things that are part of my life as well and seem to notice, and appreciate them, more and more!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this post after the one in the group -- and I love seeing your images in a larger size. Just enchanting, Cathy. The one of the spoon is glorious, but I love all of them. I have been shooting small things too and really enjoying what I'm learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sherry, it's wonderful to see the larger version of these images. Your photographic skills have made each of these humble items appear beautiful and important, as they truly are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - you did a beautiful job with this! My photos of humble items look a bit... humble... (lol), but it was a fun exercise. I especially love your bookmark - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh you really have some amazing shots here. Those scissors were so cool, love the reflection in the spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh these are so lovely!! they are all so special but the bookmark was my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the blog. The spoon was my choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!