100 Day Project 2021

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Sundries - Edition 19

 
 

It's not that easy being green;
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold-
or something much more colorful like that.
 
It's not easy being green.
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things.
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're not standing
out like flashy sparkles in the water or stars in the sky.
 
But green's the color of Spring.
And green can be cool and friendly-like.
And green can be big like an ocean,
Or important like a mountain, or tall like a tree.
 
When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder?
Why Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be.

Written by Joseph Guilherme Raposo
Sung by Kermit The Frog

 

8 comments:

  1. I love Kermit the Frog's song! I am a fan of green because it makes me feel cool and fresh in the summer months when the temperatures rise. It's the colour of nature and it's a serene colour. I love your leafy green collage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite songs! I love this beautiful mosaic of greens. Isn't the variety of leaves amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to see green after a long, hard winter, I could burst into song! Lovely greens in your mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can honesty say I had not thought much about all the shades of green In God's garden. I think green is my favorite color so I am I am going to look closer the next time I am out. I am green with envy that you get to spend time outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love green but it is so hard to stand green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that book in hardcover from way back when. Yay, green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, but look at all the wonderful variants of green (my favorite color) and what an amazing backdrop it is for lots of other beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!