100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Treasures on Thursday

Last Thursday I showed you thimbles that belonged to family members.  Today I'll show you where they are kept.  This is an old sewing machine drawer that I picked up at a flea market.  Most of the treasures that are in it belonged to my Grandmother.  On the right is a small quilt block she pieced by hand.  I believe it's called Grandmother's Flower Garden.  The spools, buttons and needle cards are also hers.  My Grandmother passed away when I was in Junior High. I wish I had known her longer. I wish I had been able to sit down and talk quilts with her.  I know that's where my Mother, Sister and I got our love of quilting.  We each have quilts that she made. When we sorted through her things, I was thrilled to find her button box, where most of these things came from.  The wall where this hangs has other treasures, too. Next time I'll show you what that little bit of lace is that is hanging right about the machine drawer.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny, I can't figure out what the lace is, and I've been in that room tons of times!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!