100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Treasures on Thursday

Here again with another treasure.

First, let me apologize for the quality and color of the photos. I've taken pictures of this quilt for three days. But it is so dark and dreary, I just never could get a good shot.

I think I've mentioned before how much I love quilts. I also love houses, anything with houses! I had seen a picture of this quilt and never could find the pattern. Now it would be so easy to find, but this quilt was made before the internet was available to me. So I sketched out my own and used mostly scraps from my stash. I did have to buy the border and backing fabric. Here's where it gets funny. After I finished the blocks I went to JoAnn's for the border fabric and guess what I saw...the pattern! I sure wish I had found it earlier, it would have been a whole lot easier to make.

My grandsons and I like to pick a house we would live in. I always pick the blue house on the right, top corner. If you notice all the other houses, the windows and door fabric match. But, not the blue one. I did that on purpose to represent me. You see, I'm a little rebellious at times, always have been! I still don't go in for trends and fads, I'm just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!!