Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Another Row On My PhD Finished

I was able to work on my PhD over the weekend.

I spent some time sewing the sashing.


trimming the blocks to size,

and joining the blocks and sashings to create a row.

I laid the row on my spare bed and noticed a block missing.
I panicked I could not find it anywere! I had just cleaned the room of leftover Christmas junk and had thrown some things out. I was so afraid that I had thrown the block in the trash.  I walked around to the other side of the bed to see if it had fallen off, and guess what I saw.  Somehow, I had picked it up with the other blocks and had sewn it onto the row above.  If you look at the picture of the finished row, you can see five blocks, it should have been only four. So now, I'll be grabbing the seam ripper.
We've had our first snow of the season, so I think tomorrow I'll sew and look at the snow out the window over my sewing machine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!!