100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Treasures On Thursday

I'm late. I'm late for a very important date!! I'm late with my Treasure post! But, for a good reason...I wasn't home today. Having been in the house for several days due to snow and the fact I just didn't want to get out in the cold, I decided to brave the elements and go shopping. I went to a thrift store, called Savers. I've never been there before. It's nicely organized and I did pick up a couple of toys for the grandsons to play with when they're at my house. Then down to Hobby Lobby. I must have not been in my grove, because I bought nothing there!! On to JoAnn's Fabrics. Did pick up some fabric I need for padding my ironing board, resoling my slippers and three boxes of Christmas lights at 70% off. Stopped and got a little lunch at Scholsky's, my very favorite fast food sandwich and then headed toward the grocery store, only to drive right by it and pull into a flea market, Blue Suede Shoes. I did pick up a few random things, which of course are treasures to me!

I purchased Little Golden Books for my collection.  I must still have Christmas on the brain, I bought The Nutcracker and The Twelve Days Of Christmas. I also bought a  jar with a vintage "Ball" lid that has glass in the center, a large card of buttons and two small cards of buttons and a candle holder.

I had just mentioned to my sister this past weekend that I had seen a jar lid with a glass center. And I found one today. I'm now going to look for a Ball jar to put it on.

One booth had several of these wonderful cards of buttons. They are about 9" by 12".  I loved them. I'm crazy about buttons. I looked through them so many times. Some of the buttons cards were up to $70. Of course mine was not anywhere that costly and the booth had 30% off, making mine about $10. The buttons on the expensive cards were just gorgeous, especially one that was all glass buttons. I'm wanting to frame this for my sewing/craft room.

I love the tones of browns and all the textures. The one in the center and the button to right of it have little gold flecks in them.

They had these vintage cards of buttons at the same booth for only $1 with 30% off. Couldn't pass them up!!

And lastly the pottery candle holder. I really needed a new candle holder for this ball I have. It didn't sit very well on the one I had.  I thought it matched pretty good.

I had a very fun day just browsing around. You know the saying,
"One man's trash is another man's treasures!!"

1 comment:

  1. Man, that sounds like such a fun day. I wish I could have went with you! I love your "finds". Did you still have the energy to go grocery shopping after all that???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!