100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, January 20, 2011

PICTURE WINTER - Days 18, 19, and 20

As I mentioned last time, we are now getting prompts that make us really think. Tuesday's photo we were to pay attention to one subject that tends to keep showing up in our work - something that captures our eye, time and time again, and begs to be the center of attention for our creativity. It seems like lately droplets of water kept showing up in my photos. They fascinate me. I try to see how close I can get with my point and shoot camera using the macro button before it blurs. This one focused pretty well on the limb and drop. Lots of ideas were posted on this prompt. The center of others creativity included children, birds, pets, landscapes, trees, doors, light, barns and many others. Lovely photos today!

Wednesday we were to capture something that would give a peek into our world or a photo that told a story about us. Many of the photos today were emotional and powerful. So many people have difficult things they deal with every day, like Alzheimer's, diabetes, and just the many struggles of life. So many chose to share these with us through their photography. It really made me count my blessings.


I had a really hard time with this one. I just couldn't find a good way to express who I am. But, one thing kept coming to mind, my life has always revolved around thread. I started out sewing as a child, making my own clothes in high school, then my daughter's clothes. (I have a son, but there's not much to sew for little boys. He loved t-shirts and jeans.) In my early married life I learned to cross stitch. I would stitch every day and eventually this passion led me to work for a company that publishes cross stitch leaflets. I no longer work and my attention has turned to quilting. For generations the women in my family have quilted, either out of necessity or just the love of beautiful quilts. I'm quilting more now than anything else. If you take a peek  into my life  or home you will always see threads of some kind, usually quite a few sticking to my shirt, jeans or socks!!

Today's prompt was to find something "frosty". Either literally or figuratively. Another hard one! Today it is raining, there is no frost around. My husband suggested that I post a self-portrait because when I want to I can throw a pretty frosty look at him. This is true!! We Mom's know how to give "the look"! I thought of frost in the freezer. But it would be a little embarrassing to show all the frost built up in my freezer. But as I looked I noticed this frost on an ice cube. Had to take the picture quickly before it melted. I think it worked. It looks pretty cold to me!
In our gallery there were photos of frosty outdoor scenes, window panes, glasses, mugs, and even inside a freezer. There was even one photo of a co-worker throwing a frosty look. She and the photographer were good friends and she was the model for frosty. I guess my husband wasn't too far off in his suggestion! These girls are so wonderfully creative. I spend way to much time everyday looking at their photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!!