100 Day Project 2021

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Prompt Addicts ~ August Best Of Show

I wanted to share some exciting news. I belong to a photo prompt group called Prompt Addicts. We began as a spin off from the prompt classes at Big Picture Classes. After we finished Picture Winter, the group had become so close they didn't want to lose contact. A Flickr group was formed. I didn't join until recently, because I didn't have a Flickr account and I'm a little leery of groups like Flickr. But, I finally gave in, joined the group, and I'm so happy I did.  They are the most wonderful, awesome group of friends. And on top of they are amazing photographers. I could not begin to tell what I have learned through the prompts and how inspired I am by their photos.  Anyway, back to the news. For each prompt three top photos are chosen.  One of my photos was chosen for the prompt "creating art". We took a photo and used some processing (or not if your didn't want too) to make the photo look like a piece of art. I know very little about post processing! This was a definite learning experience!

This is my before shot


I then edited the shot in Picnik, a free photo editing program. I like the free ones!! It was very simple, all I did was use the Ripple Blocks effect and added a frame. It made it look like abstract art, but you can still see the salt and pepper shakers.

Now do you see why I love this group so much!!!  They teach me something new each and every week!!

3 comments:

  1. Cathy, I love this! I use Picasa all the time but have not tried this 'tool'. Your work of art is good enough to print and frame, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy - Love this abstract result - right up my alley! Congrats on being recognized for a great shot and inventive post-processing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the abstract. I'm not much for "treating" photos, but I love what you did with this. I may have to open my mind a bit more? :-).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!