100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Cutie Of A Camera

It's a little girl's dream to be a princess or a queen!!
In the first grade in Ola Elementary, that dream came true for me!  I was chosen by my fellow classmates as the First Grade Halloween Queen.
I remember
how we voted, we each went up and whispered in the teacher's ear who we thought should be the queen.
I remember
the dress I wore. My Mom made it, a lovely pink satin, floor length, tied at the waist with a white ribbon.
I remember
the most embarrassing thing for a little girl of six. The boy that was chosen for the King thought we had gotten married. We did walk down a along carpet to the stage!  Then, horror of horrors, he kissed my cheek in the classroom in front of all the other kids!!  YUCKY!! I ran away and hit my side on the corner of a school desk. Funny how you remember even the small things!

There was a senior high King and Queen, also. We were given gifts, this cute little camera. My first camera!! I don't remember using it. I guess I may have, but I'm not sure my parents could have afforded the film, much less the developing!
I found it when I was cleaning out a box in the closet!! This little cutie is a plastic box camera, a Sabre 620 made by Shaw-Harrison. They began making these in 1956 and it came in a variety of colors. It took 620 roll film and "featured fabulously classic styling."  That line made me laugh!!  It is a "classic" now!!  Listen carefully, the original price was $3.75.

I wish I could say this is where I began my photo journey, but it's not!  That journey only really began in the last eight months. Before that, I took pictures at all the family gatherings and on vacation. Not until I started blogging and visiting other blogs did I discover that photography could be art. I began to see the beautiful photos and decided I wanted to try that!  My journey has only begun and I have a long way to go, but it has been the most enjoyable experience!

1 comment:

  1. What a great find! Love your photo -- will you be using that cute camera at all? I'm also enjoying my photographic journey so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!