100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Treasures On Thursday

This treasure does not belong to me. But, none the less it is a wonderful treasure of nature. A complete accidental finding of something special, something beautiful. A treasure of God's creation.

I was downtown trying to take a picture of a clock tower off in the distance. But, was hampered with many power lines. Behind a building I saw a metal staircase that I knew would get me above the lines. I began to climb the stairs keeping an eye on the clock tower, when I came upon the most fantastic surprise! A nest with two beautiful blue eggs in it! A Robin's nest sitting right there on the step.
 I quickly snapped a couple of pictures, not knowing where Mama Robin was. I didn't know how aggressive a Robin was and certainly didn't want to be attacked by her on a stair case. Mrs. Robin only wanted the best and prettiest nest for her babies. Look how she chose to put blue accents in the nest to match her eggs! Beautiful touch!

She chose a shady spot. This was mid-day and her little nest was well shaded. 
I climbed on up another level and took my shots of the clock tower, then turned to go back down and another wonderful surprise!! Mrs. Robin had returned to the nest. She guardedly watched me come down and didn't fly off until I was a couple of steps away. Then she and Mr. Robin royally chewed me out until I was down the stairs and several feet away! I think they were telling me to not come back!! This was their staircase!!
Looking back up the stairs you can barely see her nest. It's pretty hidden and unless you climb the stairs you wouldn't even notice it. It worries me a little that she chose such a dangerous place for a nest. The mother in me thinks her little ones could fall through the cracks and that's a long way down when they begin to fly. Oh well, as they say "mother knows best!"
I wish them well!!
 And, here is the picture I was after. It's the clock tower on a train station. I've always liked this building and it's clock. It turned out well, and I'm so glad I climbed those stairs to get it!!

All Things Bright And Beautiful Hymn

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens,
Each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colours,
He made their tiny wings.

He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell
How great is God Almighty,
Who has made all things well.
Cecil F. Alexander, pub.1848

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. I can't wait to show Aaron. Two things he loves "North American Wobins" and clocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should have said, Aimee said...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!I loved the nest and I sure think it is funny that Mr. & Mrs.Robin told ou off. Pictures are great and you are brave.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!