100 Day Project 2021

Monday, February 14, 2011

MY VALENTINE

It's here, the Day of Love, Sweetheart's Day, Valentine's Day, whatever you want to call this day of celebrating love and affection. The day is named after early Christian martyrs named Valentine and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 500 AD.

MY VALENTINE is my hubby, I've started calling him Mr. H on my blog. We've been together for so many years I really can't remember life when I didn't know him. That maybe because we met when he was 16 and I was 15. We went to Jr. High together so I knew him a year before that, but we actually didn't meet until my friend's 16th birthday party. Thank you, Carol, for having that party!! I still remember the first time he held my hand and our first kiss. Really and truly we grew up together!

This is the only picture I could find of Valentine's Day. We went out to eat at a restaurant called Almo Plaza in 1970. I remember making my dress. I was so proud of those big blue navy buttons. We were laughing the other day when we looked at this picture, because neither one of us remembers a place called Almo Plaza!! One his friends remembered it and told us where it used to be. Our memories do fade, so let me tell you...take those photos and journal!!

As far as I know this is the only photo we have kissing. He was in basic training and I went to visit him with his Dad, Mom and two sisters!! Don't know how they talked this shy girl into kissing in front of his parents and with a camera pointed at us.  But, I'm glad they did!!
And here we are...married almost 39 years. My, how the time has flown!!
My Valentine, my love, Jerry!


Valentine's Day Poem

The rose is red, the violet's blue
The honey's sweet, and so are you
Thou are my love and I am thine
I drew thee to my Valentine
The lot was cast and then I drew
And Fortune said it shou'd be you.
found in the collection of English nursery rhymes Gammer Gurton's Garland (1784)

Be sure and tell your sweetheart
that you love them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!!