100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Treasures on Thursday

When we were small our Mom made our clothing.  The clothes she made for my sister and me were always beautiful. She would add lots of frills and ruffles. My sister is three years older than me and sometimes Mom would make our dresses match and sometimes she would make the same dress using different fabrics.
Easter 1955
The dress hanging in the center is my Easter dress that Mom made in 1954. It is very sheer fabric with tiny lace across the bodice and the small pockets. It buttons in the back with two crystal buttons. There is a dainty slip to wear underneath. The slip is the same color with small embroidery flowers on the bottom. It has a scalloped hem that is finished with tiny button-hole stitches. It's so beautiful the picture doesn't do it justice.
I have my Easter picture, when I was about ten months old, wearing the dress. It is a small picture only 3" by 2" and sits above the dress on the shelf. The picture sits among some other of my favorite things including my birthday angel, a cute little bear, a wooden lamb wrapped in real wool thread, and several glass vases and jars.

Thank you, Mom, for all the time you spent because you love us!!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by!!