100 Day Project 2021

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Photo Challenge

I love to follow blogs that contain beautiful photography.  Sometimes the blog owner may offer suggestions on using the camera or offer a challenge.  I like my camera and really like to take pictures.  I'm always looking for new ideas.  The first suggestion I read was how to use the macro button.  This wasn't new to me, I like taking pictures with the macro button. I've taken close-ups of flowers and such, but she mentioned that the camera will focus on what's in the foreground and blur the background. I hadn't tried that so I grabbed my camera and took a couple of shots. See how the flags become the focus and the background blurs.

These are some of my many patriotic Boyd's bear figurines.

 I love all things seasonal and really enjoy the 4th of July collection.

This one I just took yesterday.  It is not the prettiest fall leaf I have ever seen,
but I like the effect of the sun coming through the leaf and the blurred background.

The pictures below, use the macro button to take close-up pictures.
And then I took another shot, close-up of a wonderful dessert my
daughter-in-law made for the 4th of July.

and another, my first tomato.  My only tomato!!  A vegetable gardener I am not!!

And another, an African Violet that my daughter had given me.


Here's my last one.
Like I said, I really like to use my macro button.  And, I think for a point and click camera, mine does a pretty good job!

Hope you enjoyed my pictures!

1 comment:

  1. These are great pictures. I'm need to play with that setting on my camera. I like the kite picture the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!