100 Day Project 2021

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Taking a Closer Look at Nature

I wanted to share a few more images from the macro class I'm taking with ShutterCal. This first week we tried different ways to take macro images. As I posted earlier I tried a magnifying glass. I also used my 50mm macro lens, my 100mm macro lens and my point and shoot camera's macro feature. The following were all taken with the 100mm macro lens and using a tripod.  I worked more with the 100mm lens since it's my newest and it's the most expensive! I'd better get some good use out of it!
 
Here's my favorite images of week one.
 
 This little mushroom is showing her petticoat!


pink and fuzzy Chinese fringe flower
 

rust on barbed wire


morning light on a mushroom


prickly gumball
 

pushing through the pine bark

Week two was all about how to get better focus. I'll post those images later this week. 

If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. ~Vincent Van Gogh

5 comments:

  1. Ok, you are having to much fun with out me. Love the shots. I like the mushroom pushing up through the bark. I love how you have found words such as petticoat to describe your picture. I wish I had taken the on line jourinaling class like you did. Can't wait for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are wonderful! i know you've talked about getting sharper images in the past so whatever you are doing is working! i am amazed at the detail you've captured. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to explore your macro passion with great success. Love the mushrooms pushing through the pine bark and the mushroom petticoat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love macro too, these are stunning, I especially love that last one, so sharp and well composed...it's that time of year where we all start crawling about for good mushroom shots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A glorious set of images, Cathy. Love that mushroom shot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!