100 Day Project 2021

Monday, December 26, 2011

Picture The Holidays - Days 22, 23, & 24

This Holiday Season has been so enjoyable. Made so by the wonderful prompts from Picture The Holidays!  Each day I took a break, grabbed my camera and found a picture to fulfill the prompt. My camera is my stress reliever and my joy!!

Day 22 - You're Getting Sleepy
As we rush through the holidays we all need to take a break now and then. I love to curl up with a good Christmas book! Have to brag a little! I finished this quilt last year. It was exciting to be able to put it on the bed. Half the blocks are pieced and half are embroidered with things related to snow.

Day 23 - Life Is Sweet
I just started my Christmas baking!
 I can't bake early, I would eat it all and have to bake again!!
 I like to wait and fill the house with the smell of Christmas baking!
These are Snowball Cookies.
Lots of butter and a little nutmeg
give them a wonderful flavor!!
I also made my favorite cookies,
Soft Oatmeal Raisin.
Yep, I'm one of the few who like raisins!!


Day 24 - Enchantment
So many things during the Christmas season are enchanting and magical!  I am enchanted with the story "The Night Before Christmas."  Many years ago, I began to read this book to my children on Christmas Eve. Now, it's being read to my grandchildren. I'm always looking for copies of the story by different illustrators.  Right after Christmas I usually get them half-price!  I now have 16 copies. I'm fascinated with the artwork in each book. If you'd like to see inside some of the books and see a sample of the artwork visit my last year's post The Night Before Christmas.


I hope your Christmas was a joyful one!


5 comments:

  1. Cathy - what a wonderful seasonal quilt - you have every reason to brag! And I love the idea of collecting "Night Before Christmas" books - what a great tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection of holiday photos. Really nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, I love your red and white quilt! I'd love to see more of it. And I enjoyed looking through your collection of "The Night Before Christmas" books. I remember as a child that we always read this on Christmas Eve. I don't see our version in your collection and have no idea who the illustrator was. I'll have to ask my sister if she still has it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photos and I can almost smell the cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!