100 Day Project 2021

Friday, December 2, 2011

Picture The Holidays - Day 2

On the second day of Picture The Holidays the theme was reframing. We all have good intentions of being calm during December. But, somewhere along the way, we begin to get busy and the frenzy of the holiday season overcomes our calm. That frenzy can sneak up on us and before we realize it we're running around, tense, and unhappy. Part of our class creed is "slow down and focus on what matters." As Tracey says "this season we aren't only going to 'hope' to enjoy it (amidst the chaos) we will enjoy it! It only takes a little reframing." We could take a photo with a literal frame or we could interpret it any way we wanted. I chose to use a frame.

This season, I want to get back to the true meaning of Christmas; the simple joy and peace of celebrating the birth of Christ. I thought this simple vintage ornament represented the simple things of Christmas. I love vintage ornaments and have a small collection of them. This one is a very small ornament, only about 2" tall.



I'm also attempting another December challenge. It's December 365 Inspiration with Katrina Kennedy at Capture Your 365. Each month she gives a list of prompts. It's a good way to keep my 365 going with fresh ideas. The list for the month of December looks fun, so I'm trying that.

Day one - the toy catalog
My grandsons, found the Black Friday ads and began to circle things they want for Christmas, lots of things they want for Christmas!!



Day two - a jolly happy soul
I've had this Santa cup since I was a little girl.  I remember drinking hot chocolate from it during the holiday season.  It is truly vintage!! I don't exactly know when I got it, but it's over 50 years old. The paint is pealing, but he's still dear to me!

Capture Your 365

Do you have any Christmas treasures from your childhood?

3 comments:

  1. This is so much fun watching your holiday prompts. Love your choice of framing a vintage ornament. Love the Santa mug even more, I have both Santa and Mrs. Claus, and the paint is peeling off of both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great images!
    I still have my Christmas stocking from my childhood, and it holds precious memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy - it's good to enter the holiday season with all its craziness with a commitment to the simple things. How lovely that you have physical memories from childhood holidays to keep you focused on what is important to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!