100 Day Project 2021

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Fruity Kind Of Day

As many of know I love Big Picture Classes!!  I'm taking Picture Summer right now and today's prompt was "juicy fruit".  After exploring the kitchen I only had a very tired looking orange!  So, I went to the store to buy fresh fruit.
I came home with strawberries

peaches

cherries and the makings for freezer jam!
 It's so easy to make freezer jam!!  The instructions are on the insert inside a box of Sure-Jell.  It's a little messy, but you do get to nibble while you work!! 
You just cut up the fruit
mash it


add the sugar.
And  yes, it takes quite a bit of sugar!!  That's why we like jam...it's sweet!


heat up the Sure-Jell and stir it into the fruit. That's it!!


This is the first year I've tried cherry jam. It really looks so good, such a dark rich color!

Don't they look delicious all ready to eat! I enjoyed today! I love to piddle around the kitchen and make things other than meals, It just seems lately I haven't taken the time! Other things just get in the way! But, today I combined two things I enjoy photography and cooking!!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I hope there is some left when we come in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!