100 Day Project 2021

Friday, August 13, 2010

Bee Skept Pincushion

I've finished another pincushion. I've had this kit for several years.  It has a copyright date of 2007. I wonder why I put off making it for so long?  It only took a few hours and I enjoyed putting it together. 
Oh well, at least it's finished now.
This is  kit by designed by Robin Kingsley for Bird Brain Designs. It came with the wool fabric, pearl cotton, and the vintage-style clamp. It was the clamp that really sold me. It is just so different from any of my other pincushions. I have the pieces all cut out and and ready to assemble.

This turned out really cute.

I have a small collection of bee skeps. Ive heard that anything you have three or more of is a collection. I guess if you count the little Boyd's Bear dressed as a bee skep I have a collection. The other bear is also a Boyd's. I have quite a collection of them.  I'll show you someday.

The adorable wooden bee is a gift from my daughter and her family. He is so funny with all his dangling parts. There's another bee skep in there,. This one is a wax candle.
I like bees and their skeps. they're just as sweet as honey!!

BEE SWEET AND HAVE A BEARY GOOD DAY!!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...don't guess I've heard of a bee skep. Learn something everyday! Very cute pincushion!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!