100 Day Project 2021

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Welcome June!!

We've flipped over a new page on the calendar! June is here! And in Arkansas, it brought super hot. muggy weather!! We broke a heat record yesterday!! I'm already dreading the summer. I'll try not to gripe, but I do not like summer!!
My June door hanging has butterflies on it!! I have Lantana in the yard and the butterflies really seem to like them!!
The four-letter word for June is "sail."  It's a perfect month to hit the beach or the lake and play in the water!
This is a summer sampler I made several years ago. Blue is my favorite color and it's a great color for June.

Here's a few things I know about June...
June's flower is the rose

June's birthstone is the pearl

This month there is a large steam engine arriving in town. I'm going down to the train station with my grandson's to see it.

People do a lot of gardening in June, fresh strawberries are ready to be picked,

Here's some odd things you might want to know about June:
Today, June 5, we celebrate:
the First Hot Air Balloon Flight by the Montgolfier brothers in 1783
National Gingerbread Day
Richard Scarry's birthday

Other dates this month include:
D-day (6)
Ball Point Pen Day (10)
Flag Day (14)
National Fudge Day (16)
Father's Day (19)
Ice Cream Soda Day (20)
First Day Of Summer (21)  (Ugh!!)
National Pecan Sandies day (23)
Chocolate Pudding Day (26)
Camera Day (29)
There were a lot more, but I got a little stuck on the food days, I'm hungry!!

And, of course there are people born in the month of June! Me!!! This is my birth month! I share a birthday with.....Donald Duck! Now, how special is that. Here's some more people with birthdays this month,
Helen Keller
Captain Kangaroo
Eric Carle
June Carter-Cash
Garfield
Judy Garland
Richard Scarry
Oscar the grouch

Well, you now know more than you'll probably ever want to know about June.
Have fun and keep cool!!
 
June Quotation

Then let us, one and all, be contented with our lot;
The June is here this morning, and the sun is shining hot;
Oh! let us fill our hearts up with the glory of the day,
And banish ev'ry doubt and care and sorrow far away.
                                            James Whitcomb Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!!