100 Day Project 2021

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - March 4, 2012


Here it is again Scavenger Hunt Sunday!
Our prompts this week were:
routine
music
technology
show me your style
mismatch


Routine
I am a person who needs light! It bothers me when the blinds or drapes are shut, so the first thing I do every morning is open the blinds and take a peek outside.

Music
These wind chimes were a gift from my husband for one of my birthdays. They create beautiful music as they are tuned to the key of "A"!  No clanking metal sounds here, just sweet melodies!

Technology
I'm not much on computers. I don't have a smart phone or an ipad or a Kindle or such, that's just not me. But, a sewing machine with a computer. Yes, I have one of those. This is an advance in technology that I enjoy!!

Show Me Your Style
If I had to name my style it would be...comfortable. Just give me an old worn pair of jeans and I'm happy.

Mismatch
I like to work puzzles!!  It is a family tradition, my Grandmother always had a puzzle on her library table and my Mother still works them. Mismatched puzzles pieces just don't work!!

This was another fun week!!

Won't you come join us at Ashley Sisk's Scavenger Hunt Sunday?
There's still plenty of time to link up!!

16 comments:

  1. Aw, love your music and your technology shots. Creative ideas and beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your routine shot... beautiful!

    mismatch... CLEVER!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What interesting choices.You solved the mismatch very cleverly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, what a great set! I'm very impressed with your interpretation of the prompts this week. Like you, I need light streaming in through open curtains, and I love comfortable jeans, too. Mismatch is inspired, and beautifully executed, too. The selective focus is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love all your shots - especially the POV on the windchimes and the side-by-side of the sewing machines. beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong with a pair of jeans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun, Fun, Fun. Love the sewing machine and mismatch. Great takes on those two words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photos! I agree with you about wanting light in the house. And also about wearing comfy jeans! I haven't done a puzzle in so many years, but it was one of my favorite things to do growing up. Thanks so much for sharing your set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. The old and new sewing machines are my fave. I remember we used to have a Singer when I was 5!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great - a sewing machine with a computer - very spiffy (I would still be sewing challenged). Great contrast shot between the two machines and great shot of the puzzle pieces.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your photos, love your compositions. Great sewing machine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I completely agree with the blue jean style - since my retirement, its either jeans or sweats :) Comfort is king!

    Great series. Love your collages.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Cathy for this beautiful and inspiring serie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely set of images. Love that vintage sewing machine and your denim collage. I'm the same as you with light, it must come in, the blinds must be up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Cathy,
    So glad you stopped by my blog, thanks so much for the sweet comments. It really does make my day when the kids will do any kind of art with me or even on their own. I wish they would do it more often, that is one regret that I have is that I waited this long to have fun with art.
    I was just thinking of you this week and wanted to stop by this weekend so glad I did. These pictures are great, LOVE LOVE the collage of the jeans, that is sooooo ME!! I have my fave pair on right now with holes in the knees, lol
    Also the first one is just like me also, have to see the sky every morning and let the light in. So thankful for every sunrise/sunset I get to see because of this.
    Such a sweet story about the puzzles, my mom and one sister do them a lot. I only get them out at Christmas time, but I do love them.

    Great pictures Cathy. Please come by again soon!!
    p.s. love love your new blog colors, SNAZZY!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!