100 Day Project 2021

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day


The four-leaf clover is an uncommon variation of the common, three-leaved clover.  It has been estimated that there are approximately 10,000 three-leaf clovers for every four-leaf clover.  I can attest to that!  I spent a very long time on three different days looking for a four-leaf clover to share with you!!  I never found one!! I told Mr. H. what I was doing, he looked for a few minutes and spotted one!!  I should have asked him first!!! He's obviously has more luck than I do!!  According to tradition, such leaves bring good luck to their finders, especially if found accidentally. I guess that means he got the luck and I didn't!!  According to legend, each leaf represents something: the first is for faith, the second is for hope, the third is for love, and the fourth is for luck.

I also found this Irish tradition; the Shamrock or 3-leaf Clover represents the Holy Trinity: one leaf for the Father, one for the Son and one for the Holy Spirit. When a Shamrock is found with the fourth leaf, it represents God's Grace.

May your troubles be less
And your blessings be more.
And nothing but happiness
Come through your door.
~Irish blessing~

I hope your wear your green and enjoy the day!!

2 comments:

  1. wow, you found one, lucky you, wish you happiness and a great day, I lot of luck on St Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both lucky. Love the clarity of the clover. Did not know there was a symbol for each leaf. I always learn something when I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!