I spotted the morning sun shining on my jonquils and had to go take a few pictures. Although the sun was shining it was only 22 degrees and the wind was blowing. When I first stepped outside I was cold, but just a few clicks and I had forgotten all about it. It's fascinating how I can become so involved in photography that I loose track of everything that's happening around me. My focus is totally on what I'm seeing.
I haven't addressed the fact that it's 2013 in my blog, maybe because I'm still back in 2012 somewhere struggling to catch up. On this first day of February I wonder what will I do with this brand new year? A month is already gone! Have I used my time better? Have I accomplished anything?
So many of my online friends like to start the new year with "one little word." This project begins with choosing a word to concentrate on through the days, weeks, and months of the year. Last year my word was "moments". I wanted to capture moments and live in each moment. I was pleased with my word and how keeping it in mind I took photos, blogged, completed scrapbook pages, and journaled about the important and the routine moments of my life.
My word this year is "focus." One of the definitions of focus is: a point of concentration. That's what I need to do, concentrate on specific goals that I would like to accomplish. I have a deep yearning to complete some projects that I've started and a yearning to try new things. In order to do that I need more focus in my life, more concentration. Here are a few of the goals that I'll be working on this year.
- focus on my journey this year, continuing to be aware of each moment
- complete a queen size quilt that I started a couple of years ago
- journal more and tell my stories
- catch up with my scrapbooks ~ probably impossible, but maybe I'll at least scrapbook more!
- finish Project Life 2010 ~ you read that right 2010! I'm working on November
- print and add 365 photos for 2011 in an album
- paint and redecorate the living room
- declutter - I'm doing pretty well with this so far
- discover new places and take photos - I've already been to one new place
- complete online classes ~ I have a couple that I need to finish
- connecting with others ~ I spent too much time by myself
- read more ~ this is an easy one!
- try new recipes ~ I'm so bored with our meals!
- create ~ use some of those great ideas I've been pinning on Pinterest!
I'm looking forward to this year!
I feel good about what I accomplished in January!
I just need to keep...
Only one thing has to change for us to know happiness in our lives:
where we focus our attention.
~ Greg Anderson