100 Day Project 2021

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude ~ Days 1-6

 
The month of November has arrived and with it the celebration of Thanksgiving. So many times I'm guilty of looking at Thanksgiving as just a time to spend with family. This year, I want to focus each day on being grateful; grateful for the many things I've been blessed with.  I've begun a 30 Day's Of Gratitude project. Each day I look for one thing that I'm thankful for and then capture that in a photo. Some are big things like family and home, other's are small ordinary things I encounter. Some may be serious, some may be funny. It's all in how I see things that day.
 
 
Day 1 ~ I'm grateful for the colors in nature.



Day 2 ~ This morning I was grateful for a very small thing. I'm thankful that I finally found a cereal that does not get soggy before it's all eaten. I really, really don't like soggy cereal!!


Day 3 ~ My heart is filled with gratitude for the beautiful day my sister and I spent with our mom and dad!  We traveled to the small town of Rush, AR, enjoyed a picnic lunch, and soaked in the beauty of fall in the Ozark Mountains!


Day 4 ~ I'm grateful for a wonderful worship service this morning! The beautiful music brought me peace and joy!


Day 5 ~ After the drought we experienced this summer, I'm grateful for every little drop of rain we receive!



Day 6 ~ I'm grateful for our little piece of land in this wonderful nation!
 
I hope you'll join me each day and
find sometime big or small that you're grateful for.
You don't have to take pictures, maybe you could just make a list!
Whatevery you do,
enjoy this season of thanksgiving!
 
"In every thing give thanks:
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
1 Thessalonians 5:19 (KJV)
 

7 comments:

  1. Lovley photos, and there is so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With your words and pictures, you have motivated me to stop and think also. Even if I don't post a picture I sure will make a list. My neice is also posting on Facebook her thanksfullness.
    The leaf is so vibrant. And Dad and Mom's walking down a dirt road was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many things to be thankful for! The photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post. Your photos are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to smile at your gratefulness for non-soggy cereal - a very important aspect of a satisfactory breakfast! But it is the conscious thought of these tiny, small good things in our life that make our existence so much sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea, Cathy. Sometimes, when there is an element in my day that does not give me a happy feeling, but then I remember to feel grateful for something to counter-balance the situation.
    I like your photos as reminders to yourself and my favourites are Day 3 and Day 4. They make me feel happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! What lovely photos!

    I believe I'm going to "steal" your idea and do something like this as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!