100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Treasures on Thursday

My treasures today are really special.  My daughter and her husband were in Alaska this year and brought me back these wonderful souvenirs.

The spool pincushion is handmade from beautiful Acadia wood and the center part is made of beeswax.

The quilt pin, designed using polymer clay, is the Double Wedding Ring pattern. The pin measures about 2".  The design is assembled with extremely tiny pieces of colored clay. Those small pieces, some less than 1/16 to 1/32 inch squares have not been painted.  I cannot imagine anyone having the talent or patience to put those small pieces together.
 
The bear is handcrafted of jade and has as a tiny fish in it's mouth.
 
The gifts they brought me were beautiful and just perfect for my collections...pincushions, quilts, and bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!!