100 Day Project 2021

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ornaments - Day 4

 What's more warm and cozy at Christmas than a quilt?  these ornaments make me think of cold winter nights snuggled on the couch with a quilt and a good book.
This mitten ornament is from a piece of a very old quilt made by Nannie, my Grandmother. My Papaw was going to throw the quilt away because it was in such poor shape with numerous holes. I told him I wanted it, but he didn't want to give me a quilt that was in such bad shape. He finally let me have it, but only after I promised to make something from the quilt. So I did, I made a teddy bear with movable arms and legs and  I made this ornament.  The buttons are also hers. I made ornaments for several family members from Nannie's quilt. Nannie died when I was young. I love to have little things of hers to touch and bring back memories.
I made this little stocking from scraps. I'm very old-fashioned when it comes to the ornaments I enjoy!

How I miss that Old Fashioned Christmas!
Memories that last through the years
Call me sentimental; Don't mind if you do
I wish an Old Fashioned Christmas to you!



Lyrics to An Old Fashioned Christmas
Artist unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!!