100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Just Wait ~ It Will Return


One morning in late July I woke up and couldn't blog anymore. I was empty. No photo excursions (it was too hot), no thoughts (my brain was exhausted), and no desire whatsoever to write (seemed like everything had been said).

Uncreative days are real. Most of you know exactly what I'm talking about. What do you do? You don't try to fight it. It won't do any good. You take a break. You wait for those creative days to return. I did just that. For the first time since I began my blog six years ago I took a month off. I didn't worry or fret during that month, because I knew the creative moments would return.


I still kept up with my 365 photography project and continued to write in my personal journal. I also did a lot of decluttering and found several long forgotten projects that I wanted to finish. I did finish one. I made a lap quilt. I spent time reading blogs, magazines, and a couple of photography books for inspiration. I jotted down quotes I could use, ideas for posts, and made notes of pictures that interested me.




I looked back over my posting history and realized that my posting had slowed down over the last year. I know the reasons; grief and more responsibilities. I'm finally feeling like my life is getting back together and in a rhythm.

I'm hoping that I can post more often. With cooler weather coming I can once again get out and wander. I've also been considering linking up with a group once a week. I've been looking at a couple that interest me. I like the challenge of link-ups and you meet other bloggers.



So, I'm back. Refreshed with ideas floating around in my head and camera ready. Even though it did me good, I missed this little corner, really missed it. It feels so good to be here typing these words and sharing my thoughts and images. Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm glad you're still here with me.



"One must also accept that one has 'uncreative' moments. The more honestly one can accept that, the quicker these moments will pass. One must have the courage to call a halt, to feel empty and discouraged."  ~ Etty Hillesum

11 comments:

  1. oh cathy i so totally get this. i took over a month off too and you are so right...i feel refreshed and inspired. glad to see you back blogging though...your nature walks and wise words are such an inspiration to me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these times are good and I know I have to break in the summer when it is so hot here. But I did a lot of the same things as you this summer and I must say I did enjoy summer better this year. I truly believe you just need to go with being quiet at these times and all things shall pass. I am slowing down a lot each year I find and that is a given also. I love that little bird nest so sweet just waiting for spring. Always enjoy coming here. Take special care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see you back, Cathy. It's good to take a break when we feel like it and need it! I love that neat little bird's nest and I know your love of marbles, just like me. A sweet shot on the mousse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww, so nice to see you, rested and refreshed, back to your creative self. Mixing things up, trying new things does help. Beautiful images today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Yes, we all experience droughts but they always end. I think of it as a time for recharging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, Cathy! It sounds like you had a productive month, which renewed your energy. We all have slumps sometimes... I also have needed a break, and took a pretty long one. Have a wonderful September!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Cathy! It sounds like you had a productive month, which renewed your energy. We all have slumps sometimes... I also have needed a break, and took a pretty long one. Have a wonderful September!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy, We all need a break sometime but glad you are back....I think there's lots of wisdom in knowing ourselves and not ignoring signs of what's needed.....Love the bird nest....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see your creative juices are flowing again, Cathy :) I know just what you mean, though--you can't be creative on demand! Hope you enjoy the cooler fall weather and are able to get out for some of those lovely nature walks that produce such memorable photos...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy, I missed you too! My own blog has been idle since I posted on its anniversary, back near the end of July. Like you, I've continued my 365 project (my little calendar) and I also did the August Break, posting to the Facebook group, Flickr, and Instagram for that. It turned into more of a "project" than a "break," but I did enjoy it and made some new online friends. I can't say I'm feeling inspired yet, but I feel like I'm ready to feel inspired, if that makes any sense! I love your photos here...especially that bird's nest. Did you notice that there's tiny heart in it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!