100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Happy Autumn!


It only got here this morning,
but it finally arrived.

FALL

Today is the official first day of Autumn!

It doesn't feel like fall here in Arkansas. We're still in the 90's with lots of humidity. Except for the first picture below, I had to dig through my archives for the pictures I used for this post. I do see a little cooler weather in the forecast. I must be patient and know that it will come. I am so ready for fall and what it brings.

To celebrate this fine day, I wrote this list.

Things I Love About Fall



1. the brilliant golds, yellows, reds, and oranges

2. leaves silently floating to the ground


3. putting on my boots and going for a hike



4. pumpkins of varied colors and sizes
5. spectacular mums



6. leaves drying and curling


7. visiting the pumpkin patch



8. acorns hitting the tin barn roof


9. bringing out fall decorations




10. gathering bits and pieces of nature



I enjoy making lists and this one I'm exceptionally fond of. I write my lists in my Journal of Lists notebook. If you'd like to know more about it, drop over to Focusing On Life where I'm posting today.

Happy Autumn!

10 comments:

  1. I hear you on the fall and temps. We are supposed to be in the low 80's today so that will feel like fall here as with no humidity to speak of it makes the 80's seem really cool to us. Love that first image. I am on my way to NW to see my grands next week and am hoping for some fall there but I will probably be a week too early. I do know I will freeze there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos so perfectly depict all the beauties of the fall season, Cathy!! Hope things cool off for you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Fall! Still too hot here too. Each week I hope for better, and am always disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your images are gorgeous, really special close-ups. i love what you love. the only things i would add are apple cider donuts and hoodies!!! this is my favorite season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, I love your fall list, and your post about lists over on FOL, too. It's so much fun to read everyone's favorite things about fall. It gives me lots of new ideas for little things to do to celebrate the new season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos certainly make me long for all the colors and things we love about fall but it isn't happening here in southern Ga. yet. We go home to NC in a couple of days and hopefully there will be a few signs of the new season. Love your list of your favorite things and your post over at FOL....I too love acorns or rain hitting a tin roof. That must be the southern in us....Have a great weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm enjoying both the list and the fall photos. It's hard to believe your area is so warm yet. It snowed in the mts of CO last night. I hope it doesn't put an abrupt end to fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list to celebrate this wonderful season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful and colourful shots of autumn - I love them all: the colourful leaves, the asters, the pumpkins and the acorns! Lovely shots of what we shall be seeing around here in a few weeks. That old metal cart holding some pumpkins is particularly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. second comment: i like to decorate with natural things!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!