100 Day Project 2021

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Spontaneity!


Spontaneity!  That's what I've been missing! The urge to grab my camera and go; no destination in mind, just go. I didn't realize it has been so long since I spontaneously went on an adventure until I looked back over the last year of my pictures. Only three times did I go on an outing with no planning. I'm really shocked. I used to do that all the time.




So, you guessed it, early Monday morning I went on an adventure. I wasn't sure where I'd end up, but I did know water had to be involved. As I drove north I decided on Maumelle Park. It's a camping/picnicking area on the Arkansas River. 



I arrived early. The park was quiet. As I wandered along the river bank I felt my shoulders relax and my breathing slow.


I stopped to exam wild plants and flowers.







The strangest thing I found at the water's edge were elephants made out of play-doh. I wondered who made them. Were they letting them swim in the river and forgot them?




After the walk it was time to just sit and soak in the beautiful day.


I did a little journaling, a little reading, and whole lot of looking through my binoculars.



I couldn't believe how fast my day passed. Way to soon it was time to pack up and head home.




I was rested. I was happy. I needed this day.

14 comments:

  1. Reading you is like seeing me and reading myself. So happy you got on an adventure. We both need to do more of that this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful watery experience you had for your adventure. The water and sky became one in some of your photos. You still have so many pretty wildflowers growing. It's fun to set out with no particular destination in mind. I do that quite a bit. A friend in India has blogged recently about the Hindu deity Ganesha which is an elephant. That's what I'm reminded of when I see your little elephant figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are definitely special moments. Glad you took the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day you had, Cathy. All in simplicity and relaxation. I just love those sort of days! Lots of beautifully calming images and reflections and your collection of wild flowers is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning photography! As usual! I didn't want the scroll bar to stop! I love the black and white self portrait of you. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are always always my favorite kinds of photography outings. The ones not planned but just happen. I think this has come from a class long ago where we were asked to walk 10 steps and point your camera at the first thing you saw. It is just the surprise of what you found. Those are the best and love what you found on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good day. Everyone needs to get away sometime. I love the elephant and the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooh i so get this!!! these days are the best days and i think your pictures are amazing when nothing is planned and spontaneity takes over. your opening image was amazing, but really they all were. i enjoyed your presentation, the mosaic is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i totally get this! yay for a day to just explore and be. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you had a day of spontaneity because you sure got some wonderful photos! And how cute it the Playdoh elephant!! Hope you have more unplanned day adventures coming up very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun to just hop in the car & go with no particular place in mind. You picked a great spot. I loved all the wonderful photos. Had to laugh about the Playdoh Elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think these kinds of days just refresh our souls deep down. We all need to take advantage of these kinds of outings more often....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! We just returned from 6 days at the lake, and I really needed that time to relax. I love the first shot- the reflections! What a cute little guy...I wonder who and why?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love spontaneous adventure days too, and would like to do more of them. I loved this - a day of solitude by the water is my very favorite. Add a camera and a good book and you have a recipe for perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!