100 Day Project 2021

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Sunshine or Fog


I was having trouble deciding whether to post about sunshine or fog. During the winter months more than any other time, weather is a key factor in my photography. Don't get me wrong! I love winter, but it is a hard time to get good photos because there are so many days of bad light! So, how about I post sunny pictures today and post foggy pictures tomorrow.


I thought I'd show the sunshine first since that's been the rarity! With the sunshine we've had some rather warm days, not like winter at all. I think those days have confused the spring flowers! My Japanese Fringe Flower bush is blooming and that's not a good thing! It's definitely a spring bloomer. I'm afraid the colder nights in the forcast will freeze these delicate blooms.


I also found jonquils in the woods that were already pushing their blades through the pine needles. They're hardy. They'll probably be all right.


The bright sun was casting lots of shadows. I especially liked it shining through this pretty leaf showing off it's textures and colors.


My favorite photo of the day was of one of my favorite subjects . . . mushrooms! Isn't this little mushroom beautiful with the light shining through it? Seriously, what little fairy wouldn't want to live under this delightful roof!


Sometimes I have one of those "oops" moments with my camera; the moment when you click the shutter accidentally. Usually those pictures are only good for the trash can, but this one . . . I really liked it. The colors were bright and the movement reminded me of the breeze that was blowing.


Now, a little funny! I thing ET is living in my neighborhood! At least, I see him, do you? I hope so, cause otherwise you'd probably think I'm a little silly! I love to find things in nature that make me smile and this one certainly made me smile!


As long as we're talking about the neighborhood, Buzz Lightyear lives in the woods behind the house. He's been there several years and seems quite content to stay. Years out in the weather doesn't seem to bother him.

I hope you've found a little sunshine lately! I hope you get out in nature and find things that make you smile! On winter days even the birds singing can make you smile. Happy rest of winter to you!

"An hour of winter day might seem too short."
~ Robert Frost


8 comments:

  1. Your winter is so differnt from mine. I agree that those delicate flowers shouldn't be blooming quite yet. That sometimes happens in Denver, too. However here in the mountains, snow will continue through May. The light in your photos is magical. I do see ET! Happy winter, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are brilliant Cathy. We get a fair amount of grey days in the winter so sunshine photos are always a boost. I saw ET right away so you are not crazy - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, your sunny post made me smile and even laugh out loud. I definitely see ET! And your favorite photo is my favorite, too. That little mushroom with the light glowing through it is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes! I see ET, too, Cathy--so cute! I loved your sunny day photos, Cathy as we have gone a week with no sun at all up north. It is very disheartening, but, then again, it is January in the northeast :) I'm sure your foggy photos will be fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sunshine shots, Cathy. That mushroom definitely belongs to a woodland fairy! I see ET's face in the cut wood and I loved all the flowers coming up so early. I hope that late frosts will not deter them. I do like your unintentional blur! I think that sunlit leaf lying in the pine needles is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are always special. I did see ET The mushroom was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow - that mushroom photo- such beautiful light!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes definitely see ET! We are soon to be having a new baby in August and we're naming him Elliott, so have heard lots and lots of ET jokes lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!