100 Day Project 2021

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Randomness


Definition of random:
  • without definite aim, direction, rule, or method subjects chosen at random


Random is a good description of how my life has been lately. No real aim or direction, no plans; just living in the moment.




I marveled at the needlework samplers in an exhibit at the Historic Arkansas Museum which was entitled: These Various Threads I Drew. The exhibit featured needlepoint samplers from 19th century women. Many were made by school girls who were practicing their skills.



My sweet husband brought me roses for Valentine's Day.



In the few hours when the rain wasn't falling, I wandered in the woods. I wonder which woodpecker made the holes in this dead pine tree; the large Red-headed Woodpecker or the small Downy Woodpecker. They both regular visitors around here.



I discovered that I'm not the only one running around in the mud.



This little leaf seems to represent the state of my mind lately . . . going in crazy circles!





This is why my mind is jumping around and totally overwhelmed! I was diagnosed earlier this month with breast cancer. Thankfully I have the best type of breast cancer. It is noninvasive and after surgery I will be cancer free. I'm writing this as a reminder for each of you to be sure and have your yearly mammogram. I always have and this time the cancer was seen. The type of cancer I have can be unpredictable and very aggressive if not caught early. Oh, I'm so grateful that it was! So, do your self exams and get those mammograms. It just might save your life!!

That's enough of randomness for now. By the way, the very top picture of clouds in the beautiful blue skies was taken during a small break from the dull, dreary skies we've had for many, many days. You know I was outside enjoying those hours!

"Expose yourself to as much randomness as possible."
~ Ben Casnocha



10 comments:

  1. If anybody can conquer breast cancer and stop and photograph the sky it is you. Have been praying hard for you, and especially on Thursday. All will be well my friend, it is in God's hands <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! How quickly your life can change, can't it, Cathy? I am so glad it was caught early due to your diligence in having your annual mammograms. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you go down the road to wellness. Take care now and I hope your photography and (maybe some?) stitching will help with any anxious thoughts that you me having...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life changes in an instant. I'm so glad your breast cancer was discovered early. I will be thinking of you as you prepare for surgery. Hugs from CO. (I love your photos.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, Catching your breast cancer early was definitely a blessing. I will be praying for you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely images here, Cathy. Starting off with that gorgeous blue sky, the charming needlepoint samplers and those beautiful red and white roses from your husband. You have such a great attitude towards the breast cancer which has been diagnosed recently. It has been caught early and the long-term prognosis is so reassuring. You have been doing lots of reading on the subject and you are prepared. Sending you all my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you the very best during your treatment - thank goodness you caught it early! I love the photo of your leaf - it’s a little crazy but beautiful all the same. I can understand why your mind might feel that way; mine often does with no real reason. Once you get this behind you, I suspect you’ll feel a little less random - but randomness is good now and then... Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely images! Please know that I hold you in my heart during this challenging time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good that they caught the cancer early- I will be thinking about you and praying for good results and a quick recovery.In spite of your circling thoughts you have shared some lovely photos with us. Take care Cathy - best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is beauty in randomness, as you've shown us so well. My thoughts and prayers are with you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Cathy. Early diagnosis is so good to hear as I read this. Are you still doing jigsaw puzzles? I hope so. Healing wishes from us in the north.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!