I've spent over a week resting up from our family vacation. I finally felt like going again...not on vacation...but, at least out with my camera to enjoy this Monday morning. Morning was all I could do...by noon it was 91 degrees and humid and I was tired again!
I didn't realize how tired I would be after
- keeping up with Gramma's guys,
- climbing to the top of the USS Alabama battleship,
- walking through underground tunnels at historic Fort Gaines,
- strolling the trails at a bird sanctuary,
- spending the afternoon at the sea lab, and
- swimming in the ocean. (yes that is me...that little dot way out there...I told my daughter to take my picture in the ocean, but don't come any closer!)
I was totally worn out and that's just a fraction of what we did while on vacation at Dauphin Island, Alabama. Anyway, I think I've made it back to normal!
As I mentioned at the top, I did get out with my camera this morning. I needed some pictures of water for a photo prompt, so I went to the Old Mill in North Little Rock, which is an authentic reproduction of an old water-powered grist mill. This beautiful mill appears in the opening scene of the classic 1939 film Gone With The Wind. Built in 1933, it was designed to look old so it would appear as if it was built in the 1800's.
It's in a pretty city park with flower gardens, water splashing, birds singing, and shade!
Although I only spent the morning there, it was a much needed source of photography inspiration. I kind of lost my incentive after being on vacation. There was so much beauty to capture on Dauphin Island and back home, well it seems kind of dull!
I hope you're not to tired of my vacation pictures, you have to understand it's been a very, very long time since I've been on vacation and we were at such a beautiful location!
Hope you had a great Monday!